Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on 2-Gun Carry

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    What state restricts how many you can carry?
    New Mexico specifically limits number to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Please - start an entire section of the “community” on a trend of mailing letters to atf/doj etc to ask permission...
    Not sure what that crap is about.

But you get that ball rolling and I'll join right in.

Site Supporter
    If you don’t already own a LH rig of some sort, I’d say give it a try and see how it works. I’ve had my primary arm disabled a couple of times, once due to a surgery I knew was coming, and once due to a clavicle fracture that was totally unexpected. Having a LH holster already on hand and ready to go was definitely a plus — so IMHO you’re not losing anything even if you decide carrying two on the belt isn’t for you.

wow a two hour old double-tap - deleted

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    What state restricts how many you can carry?
    Isn’t NY Barney Carry - a single empty gun with one round in your shirt pocket?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Isn’t NY Barney Carry - a single empty gun with one round in your shirt pocket?
    Yes, but that's only after going through their 9-month licensing process.

Quote Originally Posted by kitchen's mill View Post
    Not sure what that crap is about.

But you get that ball rolling and I'll join right in.
    No I’m just going to carry my gun(s) and not worry about any of this non sense

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    No I’m just going to carry my gun(s) and not worry about any of this non sense
    I brought up the legality for consideration.

Do the things that bring you joy.....

Site Supporter
    I'm a nobody when it comes to carrying, but like everyone, I have an opinion, and I like to spout it off when I have the chance.
    I tried carrying my G19(RH) and G26(LH) AWIB and I think it "may" work with proper holsters -- maybe. The 19 was good, it had a proper AWIB holster. The 26 I used a cheap ebay holster. It was okay until I had to bend over.
    I found "John Woo" carry better with my 19 AWIB and my 26 in a Glock Sport Holster on my left hip. I wear a t-shirt untucked with an open button-up shirt on top of it 99.9% of the time(I don't have a thyroid so I'm usually cold). The Glock holster carries high and tight and the 26 is small so you don't see it under my t-shirt unless I lift my arms up high. The good news for me is I don't lift my left arm very high because of my pacemaker lead wires.
    But that was just me playing around with my new Blue Label 26 while times were hectic and I wanted to be cool. My job was considered essential(rental property management) so I worked and drove around while everyone else was locked down. Two guns seemed better than one.
    Good luck with whatever you decide.
    --Jason--

I’m in the “second gun should be a J frame” camp.

As noted, it can be carried in a location than eases access such as the pocket or ankle if seated a lot. It small enough that it isn’t that much of a pain, literally and figuratively. I typically roll with one Glock but when I add the J I don’t find it too bothersome.

I have only seen two gun appendix done successfully by one person, and it was two J frames in mirror image holsters.

User Tag List