Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    “Turn it on when I need it” is the optic equivalent of carrying with an empty chamber...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I often have a full size backup to my edc when on the road. That’s that roll it would fill. If it’s coming out of the lock box, I certainly have time to deal with adjusting the dot before I change out guns.

You should always confirm zero after a battery change... How the battery is changed is irrelevant. Power was completely cut from the sight then returned. It’s dumb to not confirm zero.

No shit. That is my point. Even if it is fast, easy and cheap you still have to get to the range and confirm zero. How much time and carry ammo is going to be used throughout the course of the year to change batteries every couple weeks? Unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Between my wife’s competition pistols and mine, I have probably changed 100 2032 batteries, and never has that caused a change in zero on the DP Pro. With the decal slipping reliability problems, I would open the battery compartment and inspect almost daily.
    Do you confirm zero? Or just roll on? Genuinely curious. I personally am just of the opinion that I am removing my optic and reinstalling that I should always confirm zero. I realize the rmr is different and it is simpler on the newer mrds to change the battery. But it would make me nervous not checking zero on something I trust my life to.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Do you confirm zero? Or just roll on? Genuinely curious. I personally am just of the opinion that I am removing my optic and reinstalling that I should always confirm zero. I realize the rmr is different and it is simpler on the newer mrds to change the battery. But it would make me nervous not checking zero on something I trust my life to.

The DP Pro has a top loading battery compartment — you are not removing the optic.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Is this a thing? Cutting power to a RDO can change it’s zero? News to me...I’ve changed a lot of batteries on RDO’s over the years and never seen this phenomenon, or ever heard of it. Please elaborate.
    I do it on my red dots on rifles and pistols. Not saying anyone has to, but it is a good idea (in my opinion).

I do it on my red dots on rifles and pistols. Not saying anyone has to, but it is a good idea (in my opinion).

Why? Are the sights that don't require a dismount off after changing the battery? On an RMR I can see it but on a T1 or Pro mounted to an AR? Nah.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 06-16-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Why? Are the sights that don't require a dismount off after changing the battery? On an RMR I can see it but on a T1 or Pro mounted to an AR? Nah.

It’s what I do. I’m not saying anyone else needs to. It’s an excuse to go to the range.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The DP Pro has a top loading battery compartment — you are not removing the optic.
    Which is why I said I realize they are different. But I am still wondering if you confirm zero?

It’s an excuse to go to the range.

Now that I understand.

Site Supporter
    It’s what I do. I’m not saying anyone else needs to. It’s an excuse to go to the range.

This isn’t an attack on you, but for new shooters or for people who don’t understand red dots, if you don’t have to dismount the optic, there is no reason based on physics or science to check the zero. Functionally that’s like saying you have to re-zero an optic every time you turn off your optic and then turn it back on. The only thing changing a battery does is create a lack of electrons for all the electronic bits. The mechanical led housing, which is moved with the windage and elevation screws isn’t going to move because the electronics don’t have electrons.

User Tag List