Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good gun belt.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Sounds like my problem. Can’t remember the name of it but I even considered this elastic belt thing that had a ridge in it that was supposed to give your belt something to grab hold of but it seemed like too much of a gimmick so I never tried it.
    Try out a pair of Perry suspenders from Amazon, or wherever. The kind that hook under your belt. You won't have to crank it down nearly so tight. Also, search on P-F for TGS's comments on them. My son loves his.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Sounds like my problem. Can’t remember the name of it but I even considered this elastic belt thing that had a ridge in it that was supposed to give your belt something to grab hold of but it seemed like too much of a gimmick so I never tried it.
    Corneileous, are you on Facebook?

If so, you might join the the "PHLster Concealment Workshop" group and ask your questions.

Also worth checking out:

David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Try out a pair of Perry suspenders from Amazon, or wherever. The kind that hook under your belt. You won't have to crank it down nearly so tight. Also, search on P-F for TGS's comments on them. My son loves his.
    I bought a pair of Carhart elastic work suspenders from Amazon that just attach to your waistband that seem to work really good for work and as soon as they get here, I bought a pair of these for casual wear. I’m really anxious to try these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a matter of fact, I recommended Perry suspenders to him, based a lot on what @TGS has posted here. The suspenders help a him a lot. He carries IWB, just for clarity.
    Awesome! Glad they help. Perry's are the bomb, and practically essential equipment for any LEO working protection in a suit.

I haven't personally used them for IWB, just OWB when I've also got a radio and OC or stick, but there's some agents I've met who lack a rump like your kid and they also use Perry's any time they're carrying to include IWB.

Game-changers, for sure! Great to hear they're helping.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    I linked the Perry's Suspenders in my post # 149.

A Wilderness 3 stitch would definitely have some flex relative to the Volund. I cannot speak to the Kore.

I just (as in today) received a Mastermind Tactics D Ring Supreme in the recent Blem/Scratch and Dent Sale. They may still be on a 46 for sale. I am finding the belt to have a fair bit of flex as comfort/optimization for AIWB were design focuses of the belt. (Full disclosure, I own and paid for 5 or 6 Mastermind Belts and have been very satisfied with them in terms of colorways and function)

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....re-Belts-Added

While I do not have much of a butt, I have a bit.

I confess that I have never seriously contemplated the interplay between being heavyset with some gut but no butt beyond my aforementioned mentor who used Perry's over his entire weight spectrum from 1991-2019 when he went from 300 to 365 all that way back down to 165 by the end.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I linked the Perry's Suspenders in my post # 149.

A Wilderness 3 stitch would definitely have some flex relative to the Volund. I cannot speak to the Kore.

I just (as in today) received a Mastermind Tactics D Ring Supreme in the recent Blem/Scratch and Dent Sale. They may still be on a 46 for sale. I am finding the belt to have a fair bit of flex as comfort/optimization for AIWB were design focuses of the belt. (Full disclosure, I own and paid for 5 or 6 Mastermind Belts and have been very satisfied with them in terms of colorways and function)

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....re-Belts-Added

While I do not have much of a butt, I have a bit.

I confess that I have never seriously contemplated the interplay between being heavyset with some gut but no butt beyond my aforementioned mentor who used Perry's over his entire weight spectrum from 1991-2019 when he went from 300 to 365 all that way back down to 165 by the end.
    Do you have a link for that wilderness three stitch?

My Volund belt is definitely thicker and stiffer than my Kore belt.

Site Supporter
    Frequent Flyer Belt

https://www.thewilderness.com/belts/...nt-flyer-belt/

Low Profile Belt

https://www.thewilderness.com/belts/lowpro-edc-belt/

NOTE-Both belts can be had in a 3 stitch format. The Wilderness sell belts made to order in a particular size or they have what is called easy fit which has a bit more range.
    In either case, they are a bit particular re their sizing/measurement scale. I have their measuring instructions linked below as well.

https://www.thewilderness.com/belts/
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Frequent Flyer Belt

https://www.thewilderness.com/belts/...nt-flyer-belt/

Low Profile Belt

https://www.thewilderness.com/belts/lowpro-edc-belt/

NOTE-Both belts can be had in a 3 stitch format. The Wilderness sell belts made to order in a particular size or they have what is called easy fit which has a bit more range.
    In either case, they are a bit particular re their sizing/measurement scale. I have their measuring instructions linked below as well.

https://www.thewilderness.com/belts/
    I sent them an email asking them a few questions and pretty much describing my issue to them as I’ve done here so we’ll see what they say when they respond.

I bought a pair of Carhart elastic work suspenders from Amazon that just attach to your waistband that seem to work really good for work and as soon as they get here, I bought a pair of these for casual wear. I’m really anxious to try these.
    Those Hikers look convenient, but you are entirely relying on the integrity of the stitching on your belt loop...I've busted a few belt loops before. I've also in the past pulled the button through a pair of jeans.

I personally don't even contemplate going about in public without a belt, even if not carrying anything. I guess I've just worn one my entire life....the concept of not wearing one is just foreign to me.

I really like my Wilderness Frequent Flyer belts. I'm also interested in the Mastermind D-ring belts for the slightly lower profile rings.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Those Hikers look convenient, but you are entirely relying on the integrity of the stitching on your belt loop...I've busted a few belt loops before. I've also in the past pulled the button through a pair of jeans.

I personally don't even contemplate going about in public without a belt, even if not carrying anything. I guess I've just worn one my entire life....the concept of not wearing one is just foreign to me.

I really like my Wilderness Frequent Flyer belts. I'm also interested in the Mastermind D-ring belts for the slightly lower profile rings.
    Well, one thing about those, they look to me like they’re made to where you can still wear a belt so hopefully that will help take the strain off the rear belt loop and the front button. If anything, my mom is pretty handy with a sewing machine being that she used to be a seamstress back in the day so maybe I can have her reinforce the belt loop.

Who knows, since those are made to be worn under your shirt, if they work out and I can conceal a gun carried OWB for both at work and casual wear, I could probably reserve this heavier duty pair of Carhart suspenders I have that’s made to go on the outside of your shirt for other occasions like doing stuff around the house, construction projects, yardwork, or whatever else alike if I can find a decent gun belt that is not so stiff to where it makes you feel like you’re wearing a steel band around your waist that I guess would be really close to the line of flexibility that separates a regular dress belt to a gun belt.

Being that you have one of these belts, how would you compare the stiffness/flexibility of it compared to a dress belt that is fairly flexible? Also, I don’t mean to sound like a broken record but what is your body type like? Do you have a gut? Do you sit down a lot for hours at a time like I do? Does your belt have to be tight almost to the point of being uncomfortable just to hold everything up? Does it also put pressure on the top and the bottom of the belt kind of like I said before if a belt was so stiff that it made you feel like you were wearing a steel band around your waist?

User Tag List