Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122
Results 1,211 to 1,219 of 1219

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod72 View Post
    I just got tired of trying to deside and went with the jmk 2.5 with wide hole pattern and pull the dot loops cause I never tuck my shirt. I was afraid the aiwb holster wouldn’t tuck the grip as good as a wing claw would so I will see how it works when it arrives I figure it will be fine.
    I have that holster for a number of guns and vastly prefer it to the dcc clips for easy on and off as well as keeping cant consistent. It will be the best holster you own if you don’t own an SME.
    Ignore Alien Orders

With all the recent talk about loops and DCCs, I pulled my DCCs off my WC 2.5 today and replaced them with fixed loops. (I have the wide pattern holes.)

I'm going to leave the fixed loops. I'd never used them on this particular holster with its wide hole pattern and it's very stable and prints even less than with the DCCs. Since I use the Tenicor Zero belt since receiving it, on-off is a very quick affair. Win-Win.

(Plus I put one of the DCC clips on a knife sheath I've been fiddling with.)

Glad I decided to mess around with the holsters today. (I have fixed loops on my "George" as well.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    With all the recent talk about loops and DCCs, I pulled my DCCs off my WC 2.5 today and replaced them with fixed loops. (I have the wide pattern holes.)

I'm going to leave the fixed loops. I'd never used them on this particular holster with its wide hole pattern and it's very stable and prints even less than with the DCCs. Since I use the Tenicor Zero belt since receiving it, on-off is a very quick affair. Win-Win.

(Plus I put one of the DCC clips on a knife sheath I've been fiddling with.)

Glad I decided to mess around with the holsters today. (I have fixed loops on my "George" as well.)

Right now I have pull the dot loops. I need to switch out to fixed. Hoping to attend ECQC next year if I can. Right now I really enjoy the convenience of how fast I can get my holster off and on but have recently taken to “on in the morning and off at night” approach to carry. Makes something like fixed loops seem like a better choice there as well.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    Right now I have pull the dot loops. I need to switch out to fixed. Hoping to attend ECQC next year if I can. Right now I really enjoy the convenience of how fast I can get my holster off and on but have recently taken to “on in the morning and off at night” approach to carry. Makes something like fixed loops seem like a better choice there as well.
    I haven't had an issue with the durability of PTD's but for one that failed when I over-tightened the screw through the post.

The main thing for me with the fixed loops is not only that it's bombproof, but that it prints way less. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that in the current setup, it's damn close to perfect.

I haven't had an issue with the durability of PTD's but for one that failed when I over-tightened the screw through the post.

The main thing for me with the fixed loops is not only that it's bombproof, but that it prints way less. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that in the current setup, it's damn close to perfect.
    Went ahead and snagged a pair for my George. Looking forward to trying these out!
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

I have a 2.5 with wide PTD loops I really like for my USP 45 but I also want something tuckable. I'm thinking the 2.0 with PTD struts and if I don't like those I'd get the DCC clips. Anyone have experience with the PTD struts on a 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by jwhit View Post
    I have a 2.5 with wide PTD loops I really like for my USP 45 but I also want something tuckable. I'm thinking the 2.0 with PTD struts and if I don't like those I'd get the DCC clips. Anyone have experience with the PTD struts on a 2.0?
    I've used the 2.0 with PTD struts. It works and still conceals pretty well, maybe like 80-90% as much as the WC 2.5 with wide-spaced PTD loops (my preference).

A few things to watch out for with the 2.0, though. Depending on what hole you use to mount the struts at the bottom, you may want to trim and radius any excess sticking out past the mounting hole you use. I noticed that excess could stick out and print in an unnatural way, not to mention it can snag on the inside of your pants a little bit as you're moving. Same goes for the top of the struts. Depending on the hole you use, consider trimming and radiusing any excess.

Also, depending on where you have the struts positioned, watch out for any interference or discomfort towards the apex of the trigger guard and grip, where your middle finger goes. In my case, I found that one strut plus the PTD loop on it was kind of a lot stacked in that area and would occasionally interfere with grip. The DCC clips were maybe a bit better in that regard as they don't stick out from the holster body quite so much.

Trust me, I know. (The DCCs are easier on the 2.5 because they are close together. On and off with no muss or fuss.)

I also like PTD loops, and the fixed loops. I have both from JMCK. Options are good.

The wide positioning with the 2.5 you got will give you a very stable base, and tuck the gun very well.
    Reading back in this post researching the DCC clips vs Monoblock and this was good info. As I'm looking to order a Wing 2.5, wanted to try the DCC clips or Monoblock for easier/faster (maybe) on/off when switching out from concealed to my duty gun rig while at work when gearing up. I did speak to Tony by phone, he's always helpful and very informative. This got me thinking, order the Wing 2.5 with DCC clips and Monoblock on the normal hole pattern (as Tony suggested) and I can always switch to my old preferred POTD loops on the normal hole pattern if I don't like the DCC clips/Monoblock. Wasn't sure that the DCC's wouldn't tear up my Zero or Wilderness belts after use over time taking the holster off/on.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    Reading back in this post researching the DCC clips vs Monoblock and this was good info. As I'm looking to order a Wing 2.5, wanted to try the DCC clips or Monoblock for easier/faster (maybe) on/off when switching out from concealed to my duty gun rig while at work when gearing up. I did speak to Tony by phone, he's always helpful and very informative. This got me thinking, order the Wing 2.5 with DCC clips and Monoblock on the normal hole pattern (as Tony suggested) and I can always switch to my old preferred POTD loops on the normal hole pattern if I don't like the DCC clips/Monoblock. Wasn't sure that the DCC's wouldn't tear up my Zero or Wilderness belts after use over time taking the holster off/on.
    I would ask Tony to add the wide holes as well, then you can also try the PTDs out in the wide aspect. (Or fixed loops.)

I'd do it if I were you. Just a few extra holes is all.

User Tag List