Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fed up with crappy Multi-tool Pliers?

I keep the 5" wrench and cobra pliers in the little tool bag under the seat of my dual-sport motorcycle.
    Work great as a universal wrenches, not only for motorcycle repairs but also around the campsite.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

just FYI the little 5" pliers wrench works perfectly for straightening up (or holding straight) a crooked Glock front sight.

You can also put both the 5" pliers wrench and the 5" cobra pliers in a single Blue-Force Gear 10-speed pistol mag pouch.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I googled it, but in case anyone else was wondering, it's pronounced 'kuh-nip-x'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OWs7a9jww8

Do these have wirecutters on them?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    Have purchased from this company in the past and they have provided excellent customer service. https://www.kctoolco.com
    great post, thank you. I am 3 miles from this place at the moment and did not know they existed.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Unfortunately no.

Was recently honored to host a young Army E5, his wife and two little girls for a visit, BBQ and spirits. He and I were shooting buddies when he was in school in the area. So in hearing about all the cool things about EOD work I mentioned my Knipex mini pliers and wrench and he said they use a lot of Knipex tools. Very cool tools it sounded like. Been wanting to tell somebody that who would even recognize what I was talking about and saw this thread resurrected, so there you go.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    They do make some great wire cutters, though.

I'm a big fan of 'Combo' or Lineman's Pliers. Which is essentially the type of end you get on a standard multi-tool.

https://www.kctool.com/knipex-03-01-...-plastic-grip/

If I could only have two sets of pliers for the rest of my life, Lineman's and 45-degree needle nose would be my choices.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm a big fan of 'Combo' or Lineman's Pliers. Which is essentially the type of end you get on a standard multi-tool.

https://www.kctool.com/knipex-03-01-...-plastic-grip/

If I could only have two sets of pliers for the rest of my life, Lineman's and 45-degree needle nose would be my choices.
    While the contractors were building my parent's house, I witnessed an electrician inadvertently "weld" a set of lineman's pliers together. For 12-year-old me, it was quite an eye-opener.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List