Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Ordered two pairs. I'm not sure how they're sized, but at that price I'll roll the dice.
    Sizing was pretty close to normal jean sizes.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

FWIW, the jeans the LAPG pants are based on are a solid product.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    god I wish I could get past that bit leather patch on the back. Anyone that own them tried removing it?
    I haven't tried to remove the offending faux leather patch. It should be almost completely obscured by a 1.5" belt. At this price, I'll endeavor to persevere.

I will report back after some use. From the Big Empty, ELN.

LAPG Terrain Flex Flex Straight Fit

https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-btsf10...-fit-pant.html[/QUOTE]

As stated upthread I ordered two pairs based on the posts from @Wyoming Shooter and others. Pants arrived today, 3 days after ordering. Initial impressions:

Size 30" x 30" seems comparable to most brands I wear.
    Flex is ok. Not as stretchy as my Kuhl Radkl (the gold standard of stretchy, IMO) but I can squat ass to grass without issues.
    Front pockets seem robustly constructed and easily digest a J frame in an Aholster Backbone.
    Leather patch is dark color and doesn't contrast sharply with the grey and grey fabrics. Its covered by my belt and shirttail anyway.
    Leg width is ok - not skinny but not fudd either.

Was worried about shrinkage. Washed them in cold and tumble dried them on hot, removed them when they were almost dry. Minimal shrinkage in legs and waist. They stretch out a little after wearing, as you'd expect with flex fabric.

Wore them for a 35 min circuit workout, they were comfortable and plenty flexible. Not quite as comfy as my Kuhl Radkl pants, but the LAPG are 33% of the price of the Kuhls, and probably a bit more durable.

I'm gonna say they're a solid purchase.

ETA: the low profile hip pockets will each accommodate one 30 round AR mag. So I'm told.
    Last edited by Mark D; 02-09-2023 at 11:47 PM.

Site Supporter
    I concur with Mark's initial Impressions. At $33/pair on sale, these are a good value. The stretchy waistband should be a benefit to those carrying IWB. Durability remains to be determined. The fabric weight should be appropriate for year-round wear. On the downside, country of origin is China. From the Big Empty, ELN.

As stated upthread I ordered two pairs based on the posts from @Wyoming Shooter and others. Pants arrived today, 3 days after ordering. Initial impressions:

Size 30" x 30" seems comparable to most brands I wear.
    Flex is ok. Not as stretchy as my Kuhl Radkl (the gold standard of stretchy, IMO) but I can squat ass to grass without issues.
    Front pockets seem robustly constructed and easily digest a J frame in an Aholster Backbone.
    Leather patch is dark color and doesn't contrast sharply with the grey and grey fabrics. Its covered by my belt and shirttail anyway.
    Leg width is ok - not skinny but not fudd either.

Was worried about shrinkage. Washed them in cold and tumble dried them on hot, removed them when they were almost dry. Minimal shrinkage in legs and waist. They stretch out a little after wearing, as you'd expect with flex fabric.

Wore them for a 35 min circuit workout, they were comfortable and plenty flexible. Not quite as comfy as my Kuhl Radkl pants, but the LAPG are 33% of the price of the Kuhls, and probably a bit more durable.

I'm gonna say they're a solid purchase.

ETA: the low profile hip pockets will each accommodate one 30 round AR mag. So I'm told.[/QUOTE]

I have been wearing pants from Livsn the last six months, and enjoying them.

https://www.livsndesigns.com/products/flex-canvas-pants
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    god I wish I could get past that bit leather patch on the back. Anyone that own them tried removing it?
    The big patch was easy to remove. It’s just sewn on without any adhesive.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

PDW Delta Cargo Tailored Fit cargo pants inbound.

https://prometheusdesignwerx.com/col...40038132154454
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

How are they wearing? Better than less expensive pants you've worn. I kind of cringe at paying more than $70.00 for hack around pants.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    PDW Delta Cargo Tailored Fit cargo pants inbound.

https://prometheusdesignwerx.com/col...40038132154454
    You guys are really flexin' on us poors/cheapskates!
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List