Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal FC #1 Available?

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalis Discipulo View Post
    Hornady is the only other option in a flight control type wad, and I don't believe that they offer a #1 buck option. When I couldn't find any #1 buck I went with FFC low recoil 00 8 pellet. It patterns very well out of my gun. I would advise people to be wary of 9 pellet the likelihood of fliers seems to go up substantially with the extra pellet.

I have heard enough good things that I would buy a case #1 to try out.
    8 Pellet has as many/more fliers in my experience. It's buckshot. DO NOT TRUST IT if you need precision. Its performance is very variable. I've had #1 buck from the same gun, 2 shots in a row, 1 looked like a slug at 25 yards, and 1 had pellets outside of the 8" circle. You just cannot trust it. It's for targets where there is no serious consequence of a pellet coming off, or for when you literally do NOT have another option (not issued slugs, do what you gotta do, etc.)

Just my .02

I'm in for one case of 250 assuming the end price will be similar to the retail prices I've seen of 70-75 cents/round. Thanks for trying to get this off the ground Tom!
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Interested

Somehow I doubt we can generate enough sales to motivate federal, but I wold take a case if this works.

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Somehow I doubt we can generate enough sales to motivate federal, but I wold take a case if this works.
    I think federal will take notice when we reach the 250K round mark or so on our order.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I think federal will take notice when we reach the 250K round mark or so on our order.
    I hope that's not the magic number we need to reach. I don't see us getting more than 20K in purchases.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I hope that's not the magic number we need to reach. I don't see us getting more than 20K in purchases.
    Tom has his work cut out for him if he needs to re-ship 1000 cases of ammo.

Site Supporter
    I'll commit to a case.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Tom has his work cut out for him if he needs to re-ship 1000 cases of ammo.
    There are logistics companies that can handle this activity.....

Possibly better.... If Federal shows any interest we could reach out to an ammo retailer like SGAmmo and see if they would be interested in joining. Maybe work a deal with them for distribution.....
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I just know the insane volume that LeVista moves, and for them to change their production line? Brother...I remember a while back on another site, someone tried to put together a group buy of 20,000 rounds of XM193, and ATK at the time didn't even give them the time of day...and that's a round they were actually making...

User Tag List