Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Vending Machine Operator
    Had a very rough start to 2019. Between a breakup, move, and lots of job stress/lack of sleep getting my other job closed out and teaching a pretty heavy classload, I dipped back into the booze which made me dip back into the food. I haven't weighed yet this year and it's gonna be grim.

As of today, I'm back off the booze and junk. I'll get the courage to weigh here shortly.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    30-day update.

1 Jan: 198.2
    31 Jan: 186.8

So I’m down 11.4 lbs, and 1.8 lbs from my original goal (185 by the summer).

I’ve been tracking calories with MyFitnessPal, and generally limiting to 1,740/day or less. I only exceed 1,740 when it’s more than offset by exercise. Also running or walking 4-8 miles a day about 5 days a week (600 or more active calories on 20 days this month, according to my Apple Watch).

The first 9 lbs came off quickly in the first 2 weeks. It’s been very gradual since then.

So, I’m revising my goal: It’s now 185 by Valentines Day, and 176 by Memorial Day.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    ... though you betray your name.

I got that name back in 2005 when I thru-hiked the PCT (before some author who only section hiked made it a fucking madhouse like the AT) and I packed 3 gallon ziplock bags of cookies out of the town of Mojave. Folks sent me a lot of cookies.

Now, I can't eat dairy or wheat and my treat is 85% dark chocolate. Getting old is not for the weak. During Christmas I made wheat free/dairy free cookies which actually had good taste and texture but IBS still spent a couple of days kicking me in the head.

I think it is time to update my username.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Had a very rough start to 2019. Between a breakup, move, and lots of job stress/lack of sleep getting my other job closed out and teaching a pretty heavy classload, I dipped back into the booze which made me dip back into the food. I haven't weighed yet this year and it's gonna be grim.

As of today, I'm back off the booze and junk. I'll get the courage to weigh here shortly.

Glad to have you back on the path, its rough out there and good habits are not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    220.7 today! Doctor's goal reached, and halfway there to the goal.
    218 this morning. I've upped my daily exercise walk from 30 to 45 minutes, and added a beast of a hill.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Started at 168.5, ended at 165. Lack of dedication and discipline...

Jan 1: 228
    Jan 31: 220

Went Keto about Jan 15. Not too bad!

Site Supporter
    Jan 1: 201
    Feb 1: 196.2

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

177 this morning, for a 3.8% YTD (and month) loss. I literally can't remember the last time I was in the 170's.

It's hard to say how much motivation this thread provides, but it does stick in my head that I'm going to have to check in at least at the end of the month, and see how much everyone else has lost.
    Last edited by Guerrero; 02-01-2019 at 09:58 AM.

User Tag List