Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: New York State Bans High Capacity Thanksgiving Dinners

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Every time I hear this argument I grit my teeth because they are usually discounting or ignoring comorbidities.

My late wife was ill, but very stable with numerous well managed serious medical issues including ESRD and a immunodeficiency. She contracted influenza from a family member who attended a baby shower despite being sick, developed pneumonia and died.

If she wasn’t immunodeficient or ESRD, would she have died from the flu?

Complications arising from pneumonia was the proximate cause of her death, just like complications arising from COViD are the proximate cause of death for the vast majority of people who have been tallied as being COViD victims.
    First off I want to offer my condolences on the tragic passing of your wife. Secondly because this is such a personal matter to you Im not going to make arguments. Your conclusions are yours and I respect that.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    First off I want to offer my condolences on the tragic passing of your wife. Secondly because this is such a personal matter to you Im not going to make arguments. Your conclusions are yours and I respect that.
    I didn’t bring it up as a nuclear option, but thank you. It’s been over five years.

I’m trying to stress that proximate cause - or as I used to say when I was teaching practical negligence to new underwriters the “but for” concept - points clearly to a COViD as being the cause of the vast majority of these deaths.

I’m willing to bet that COViD is in the second or third position of the victims death certificates, such as sepsis arising from MOF arising from COViD (I ain’t a doc but have reviewed enough death certs to see patterns.) “But for” COViD the deceased wouldn’t have developed multiple organ failure leading to sepsis.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I didn’t bring it up as a nuclear option, but thank you. It’s been over five years.

I’m trying to stress that proximate cause - or as I used to say when I was teaching practical negligence to new underwriters the “but for” concept - points clearly to a COViD as being the cause of the vast majority of these deaths.

I’m willing to bet that COViD is in the second or third position of the victims death certificates, such as sepsis arising from MOF arising from COViD (I ain’t a doc but have reviewed enough death certs to see patterns.) “But for” COViD the deceased wouldn’t have developed multiple organ failure leading to sepsis.
    This is a solid point. To add on to that, what we learned from so many places (initially northern Italy) is that covid overwhelming hospitals causes a butterfly effect, as people with "routine" medical maladies who in any normal year could be effectively treated are now at a greatly increased risk of dying if not completely SOL. So, it's not just that more covid causes exponentially increased covid deaths.....it causes exponentially increased deaths from everything else, too, as medical care becomes limited or in some cases non-existent (see Italy where at one point everyone over a certain age or presenting with certain comorbidities was simply given palliative care).

Allowing those hospitals to be further overwhelmed would not result in a healthier economy or public. It would be completely disastrous.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I cant discuss it without coming across as callus so I prefer not to.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Trips to NY

No doubt this virus is something not to be messed with. Also keep in mind there are members of this forum who have been deeply and personally impacted by it. Dismissal of its seriousness is truly an insult to those who have been impacted.

At the same time, so many of the state government guidelines border on absurd. Here's my experience;

Where we live in NH, it's 203 miles from our house to our daughter and son in-law's house in NY. Because NH is not contiguous with NY, special travel requirements apply;

1. Must have a Covid test performed within 72 hours before arriving in NY (and of course be clear)
    2. Must take second test four days after arriving in NY and quarantine until the second test shows clear
    3. Fill out a special travel document and have it with you before coming to NY

Bear in mind someone can drive to the same NY location from Pittsburgh, PA which is 440 miles away, with no such requirements.

My wife went to visit our daughter and family this weekend. She had the test done (was negative) and had her "paperwork" in order just in case she had to pass an Emperor Cuomo Storm Trooper check point. She just called and said there were none.

Will Thanksgiving or Christmas be any different? Will the NYS Troopers aggressively pull over cars with NH plates during the holidays? No way to tell, be we will do our test and have ze paperwork in order.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    No doubt this virus is something not to be messed with. Also keep in mind there are members of this forum who have been deeply and personally impacted by it. Dismissal of its seriousness is truly an insult to those who have been impacted.

At the same time, so many of the state government guidelines border on absurd. Here's my experience;

Where we live in NH, it's 203 miles from our house to our daughter and son in-law's house in NY. Because NH is not contiguous with NY, special travel requirements apply;

1. Must have a Covid test performed within 72 hours before arriving in NY (and of course be clear)
    2. Must take second test four days after arriving in NY and quarantine until the second test shows clear
    3. Fill out a special travel document and have it with you before coming to NY

Bear in mind someone can drive to the same NY location from Pittsburgh, PA which is 440 miles away, with no such requirements.

My wife went to visit our daughter and family this weekend. She had the test done (was negative) and had her "paperwork" in order just in case she had to pass an Emperor Cuomo Storm Trooper check point. She just called and said there were none.

Will Thanksgiving or Christmas be any different? Will the NYS Troopers aggressively pull over cars with NH plates during the holidays? No way to tell, be we will do our test and have ze paperwork in order.
    I’ll let you know how it goes tomorrow on the Throughway...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I'm rattin' all you bastids out.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Traveling across state lines for Thanksgiving...

Hmm...

Soon to be popular in NY and California?

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List