Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: SP101 3" Looks Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    YWith a three inch tube, it really should hold six rounds. So too big for what it is, and too big for what it should be.
    and too heavy for what it should be, I am about to send mine down the road as part of winter cleanout....I have argued with myself for years, at least a decade, that the 3" SP101 and for the last few years my 3" LCRx 38 are cool, and ergonomically great to shoot, but I have a pretty good revolver collection and anything 5 shot that is not one of my old and trusted Ti recylindered 642-1's simply needs to go at this point, I never carry them out of the house for their intended purpose anymore and cannot figure out when and why I would...
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Since getting my 856 (admittedly only 3 days ago), I've toyed with the idea of trading my SP101 in on something else that I would likely get more use out of.

But then again, if I'm knowingly going to expose one of my wheelguns to salt/lake/river water, I would unhesitatingly choose the little Ruger.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

9mm dao

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Matt C. View Post
    9mm dao

Nice grips, are they Trausch's?

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Since getting my 856 (admittedly only 3 days ago), I've toyed with the idea of trading my SP101 in on something else that I would likely get more use out of.

But then again, if I'm knowingly going to expose one of my wheelguns to salt/lake/river water, I would unhesitatingly choose the little Ruger.
    Same boat, I’ve been really impressed with my Taurus samplings and am giving the SP101 the side eye as the 856s simply shoot and handle better. But… it’s a bomb proof little thing.

I still browse for occasional influx of French LE SP101s; for price and to say I have a baguette revolver without pouring money down the pit.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    I really wish they did a 3" 9mm. Steel weight would mitigate bullet pulling. Technically the lower capacity would too...
    They have. Multiple times. They never sold well. I have one worked over by Gemini Customs. Biggest issue is carrying the clipped reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Nice grips, are they Trausch's?

Best, Jon
    Yessir

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt C. View Post
    9mm dao
    The holy grail of SP101 grips! I am toying with buying a set of wood Altamonts and modifying them to be more like the Trausch boot grip.

I really like that revolver. I'd like it even more with a Novak-style rear sight.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

I had the thought this morning that this configuration (3", half-lug, adj. sights):

https://ruger.com/products/sp101/specSheets/15707.html

....would be just dandy in .22LR. More so than the current 4.2" model.

https://ruger.com/products/sp101/specSheets/5765.html
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I had the thought this morning that this configuration (3", half-lug, adj. sights):

https://ruger.com/products/sp101/specSheets/15707.html

....would be just dandy in .22LR. More so than the current 4.2" model.

https://ruger.com/products/sp101/specSheets/5765.html
    Now that you mention it... it IS high time for a 3" .22LR SP101 "Kit Gun." I think I could even legitimately justify one.

(In stainless, though.)
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

User Tag List