Thread: Glock Dry Fire Trainer

Glock Dry Fire Trainer

Hello all!

Wondering if any of you guys have experience with the Glock Dry Fire laser trainers.

I have the Dry fire mag but unf no laser works with it. Would like to ideally setup a home shooting range if possible. One mandatory requirement is a self resetting trigger each shot.

Would like to stay with glock, but if I need to get a cz p07 for this, so be it

Site Supporter
    I am a huge fan of the SIRT pistol. I have the metal slide version so that it is close in weight to an actual firearm. Since I use mine indoors only, I went with the red laser. The red slide ensures that it looks different from an actual firearm.

Either by itself, or in connection with a training system like Lasrx, it provides a good way to practice when one cannot get to the range, with feedback.

Do not do anything differently than you would with an actual firearm in an attempt to see the laser while practicing. If you do everything correctly, you should see the laser right at the top of your front sight. If not, then, after you have fully completed the shooting process, hold the trigger and look for the laser, and you will have feedback to diagnose what went wrong. Trying to see the laser while shooting will hinder the effectiveness of the training, which is one of the primary points made by critics of these devices.

Fit in standard holsters can be hit or miss. I cannot snap the retention strap of a shoulder holster over the back of my SIRT. I can, however, use it with a FOBUS paddle holster which I limit to use for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am a huge fan of the SIRT pistol. I have the metal slide version so that it is close in weight to an actual firearm. Since I use mine indoors only, I went with the red laser. The red slide ensures that it looks different from an actual firearm.

Either by itself, or in connection with a training system like Lasrx, it provides a good way to practice when one cannot get to the range, with feedback.

Do not do anything differently than you would with an actual firearm in an attempt to see the laser while practicing. If you do everything correctly, you should see the laser right at the top of your front sight. If not, then, after you have fully completed the shooting process, hold the trigger and look for the laser, and you will have feedback to diagnose what went wrong. Trying to see the laser while shooting will hinder the effectiveness of the training, which is one of the primary points made by critics of these devices.

Fit in standard holsters can be hit or miss. I cannot snap the retention strap of a shoulder holster over the back of my SIRT. I can, however, use it with a FOBUS paddle holster which I limit to use for this purpose.
    Thanks. Can a dot be added to those? I would probably get the infrared laser to avoid looking for it

This is a link to a site that has Glock 17P (for practice) in stock:

https://rocketfirearms.com/product/glock-17p-gen5/

Unless Glock has changed things up the breech face is not cut through for a firing pin. The trigger does reset to what I call the Glock DA pull, and if you cycle the action with the trigger pinned to the rear it does give you what I also call the Glock SA pull.

I had a bunch of them for non-recoiling weapons on FATS systems. These pistols were equipped with IR lasers that fired based on the vibration rather than striker hit. In order to use them with a readily available less expensive drop in laser, you'll need to swap slides. You need to be aware of the potential for unsafe handling if you swap slides.

At least that's the way it worked with Gen 2 and 3.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    This is a link to a site that has Glock 17P (for practice) in stock:

https://rocketfirearms.com/product/glock-17p-gen5/

Unless Glock has changed things up the breech face is not cut through for a firing pin. The trigger does reset to what I call the Glock DA pull, and if you cycle the action with the trigger pinned to the rear it does give you what I also call the Glock SA pull.

I had a bunch of them for non-recoiling weapons on FATS systems. These pistols were equipped with IR lasers that fired based on the vibration rather than striker hit. In order to use them with a readily available less expensive drop in laser, you'll need to swap slides. You need to be aware of the potential for unsafe handling if you swap slides.

At least that's the way it worked with Gen 2 and 3.
    Be warned -- that website is almost certainly a scam. They claim to have G17Ls for $450 and (more importantly) they accept Zelle and Bitcoin (major red flag).

This is from their FAQ:

Q: Can I buy firearms online?
    A: YES! In most areas of the US you can buy firearms online and have it shipped to your door. There are some restrictions, as shown above. Buying firearms online is easier, cheaper, and gives you access to a much wider selection.

Caveat emptor.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Hello all!

Wondering if any of you guys have experience with the Glock Dry Fire laser trainers.

I have the Dry fire mag but unf no laser works with it. Would like to ideally setup a home shooting range if possible. One mandatory requirement is a self resetting trigger each shot.

Would like to stay with glock, but if I need to get a cz p07 for this, so be it
    https://www.glockstore.com/Reset-Trigger-Kit-for-Glock

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Thanks. Can a dot be added to those? I would probably get the infrared laser to avoid looking for it
    Unfortunately I do not know an easy way to put a red dot on one short of milling the slide (and I would definitely want to be sure there are no batteries, electronics, etc. too close to the top of the slide at the milling location - I have not had mine apart to change batteries or make any other adjustments). Next Level Training (SIRT manufacturer) makes a "SPOT sight" which is supposed to simulate a red dot, but if I understand correctly what it is (which I may not), I do not see the point. SIRT pistols really seem to work best as iron sight training devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston View Post
    Be warned -- that website is almost certainly a scam. They claim to have G17Ls for $450 and (more importantly) they accept Zelle and Bitcoin (major red flag).

This is from their FAQ:

A: YES! In most areas of the US you can buy firearms online and have it shipped to your door. There are some restrictions, as shown above. Buying firearms online is easier, cheaper, and gives you access to a much wider selection.

Caveat emptor.
    Haha yeah going to get a reset trigger lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston View Post

This is from their FAQ:

Caveat emptor.
    Thanks for the heads up, I thought that price was pretty good, now it seems it was - too good to be true.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

I use a Pink Rhino laser cartridge or a boresight cartridge for dryfire practice with my Glocks. Yes, I tap, roll & rack after I follow through with each "shot". As a result, I've become very proficient at smoothly and quickly performing tap, roll & rack. I have a 7 yard dryfire "range" and train with a shot timer.

User Tag List