Page 113 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1937

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I missed something - there was rioting and looting at the lockdown protest or the VA gun rights protest? Why do these events not have the riots and property damage? Why does artifact and anarchists not take advantage of peaceful lockdown protests ?
    That's not the point people tried to make earlier in the thread. The idea posted earlier is that protest can lead to rioting and looting. So, the implication is that all protest, including the ones we agree with, should be restricted because of that threat.

Otherwise, we are looking at a "It's Not Bad When Our Side Does It" sort of situation, where one group wants a special exemption from the rule of law because they're The Good People.

Remember, the right of the Left to protest is the same right to protest that you have. The possible outcome has nothing to do with it.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    You appear to have a problem with the Bill of Rights.
    You appear to think you know me but I assure you, you don't.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    That's not the point people tried to make earlier in the thread. The idea posted earlier is that protest can lead to rioting and looting. So, the implication is that all protest, including the ones we agree with, should be restricted because of that threat.

Otherwise, we are looking at a "It's Not Bad When Our Side Does It" sort of situation, where one group wants a special exemption from the rule of law because they're The Good People.

Remember, the right of the Left to protest is the same right to protest that you have. The possible outcome has nothing to do with it.
    Nah, I think it was "kill the fuckers, and ONLY those fuckers, who turn violent, loot, vandalize, commit arson"
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Nah, I think it was "kill the fuckers, and ONLY those fuckers, who turn violent, loot, vandalize, commit arson"
    I'm down with that.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    No, he absolutely does not and he's got it right. Once lawful, peaceable assembly (and protest) devolves into rioting, looting, assault, robbery and vandalism, the criminal behavior is no longer sanctified by the BoR.
    Protests are legal. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Protests are legal. Try again.
    Not sure what your point is in reference to the quote to which you responded... criminal activity is criminal activity regardless of the origin from which it branches.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/03/86846...ice-protection

...She says the police disappeared from this neighborhood. That's when she and others started forming patrols to include people with licensed weapons.

"I'm the one that's checking everyone," she says. "If you're up here with a gun and you're not supposed to be here and you don't have a license to carry, then I don't allow you to even go to the rooftop. Only people with guns are on the rooftop."

When asked about the lack of police presence, a spokesman for the Minneapolis Police Department said in an email that the department is facing an "unprecedented situation." He added that citizens who need help should call 911. It's also aware of these neighborhood groups. In fact the police chief and officers have met with some, and the department is not concerned as long as they're following the law.

Site Supporter
    Anybody post Mike Mullen, Adm, JCS on the current situation:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...spaces/612553/

Not an endorsement of the current commander in chief.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Kinda surprised it took them over a week. It is Ben and Jerry's...

User Tag List