Page 168 of 306 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 3059

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Frank Glenn in AZ did that in the 90s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@StraitR clear out your inbox, need to send you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    @StraitR clear out your inbox, need to send you a PM.
    Site Supporter lapsed. Updated. Should be good now.

New New Agent

Always liked the size of the smaller 1911s, but not so much the features. Talked to Ned Christiansen about which small one might be easiest to add sights to, and ensure reliability. Ned suggested the New Agent - - - the one with the ditch/gutter "sight". I wanted a 9mm, and found one lightly used at a good price. Asked Ned to use his Shield Driver rear sight, and to put a fiber optic sight on the front (better to see with my old eyes). And . . . if you [Ned] have time, what about a beavertail, and a better thumb safety, and . . .

So here's how it ended up:
    Attachment 35188

And here's a close up of the front sight.
    Attachment 35189

Ned left a bit of the gutter at the muzzle to drop in a made-from-scratch front sight (notice all the "windows" to let more light hit the fiber). He then cross-pinned it, and also cut a T-slot to slide the sight in from the front for additional security.

The front strap was serrated, but Ned matched the spacing with cross cuts to create a perfect checkering job. He is not happy without an out-of-the-ordinary challenge.

Ned ran a variety of 9mm through it, as did I (HST, Critical Defense, ball, Xtreme Penetrator, etc). It's not missed a beat.

Yes, retro. But then, so am I.

I love seeing the solutions Ned comes up with for the variety of challenges that he encounters

@flyrodr, I had one of those new agents in 9mm. Utterly reliable. The Colt Custom shop—back when they had one—did the re-engineering on those guns to make them work. Best short 1911s ever, and they generally have a good reputation.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Picked up the pistol from JoJo's here in CT. This was one of their guns they had done a bunch of work to, started it's life as a Springfield Loaded about 7 years ago. Had a few things done, mainly to update the pistol since it came to be mine. New trigger, dehorned etc all the things you'd do to make it the cliche "working gun". Heine ledge rear and orange trijicon front sight as well as a spare extractor fitted and 10-8 flat trigger. Cerakoted sniper grey, and as seen in the second photo he under cut the trigger guard and did some work to the beaver tail to allow my mason hand to get higher on the pistol.

Ran 100 rounds, boy did I miss shooting 45.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Larry Sellers; 02-16-2019 at 05:50 PM.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quick & Dirty pics

While I was moving stuff around. I shoot the full size guns much more than the smaller. The LW Champion on the bottom right will soon have a trigger and grips to match its big brother. It's been refinished twice.

Name:  1911.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  67.2 KB
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I will have a TRS one day, @StraitR

User Tag List