Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Brown M&Ps

Ed Brown M&Ps

Ed Brown is getting into plastic guns.

Price without optic is $2k. Machined locking block and extractor seems cool, but that's about it.

https://www.edbrown.com/product/mp-f1/Name:  tapatalk_-212426133.jpg
Views: 1314
Size:  97.5 KB

Sometimes I feel like I’m the only person who dislikes the look of slides with chunks milled out of them. Is there really a performance benefit or do people do it because they think it looks cool?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I’m the only person who dislikes the look of slides with chunks milled out of them. Is there really a performance benefit or do people do it because they think it looks cool?
    Theoretically it reduces reciprocating mass which may make ever so slightly easier to track sights and keep the gun flat while shooting fast.

The reality is for most people it’s just bling. It might even wear out recoil springs faster, since part of the tuning of the pistols recoil system is the slides mass. Which has now been reduced. But hell, there’s no way the engineers that spec’d the gun out had any idea what they were doing anyway.

And honestly, I hate the look too

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Theoretically it reduces reciprocating mass which may make ever so slightly easier to track sights and keep the gun flat while shooting fast.
    The same results could probably be achieved by machining pockets rather than open windows.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Nope. It looks retarded.

I see the machined extractor and magazine funnel are available as individual parts. That's cool.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Nope. It looks retarded.
    You're being too nice. It looks f#$%ing retarded.

No, you're not. Just because you've got CNC machines and CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

I can appreciate the 1911 companies wanting to offer something new in an increasingly plastic world, but I doubt that I'll spring for any Wilson Glocks or Brown M&P's. The main charm of the fantastic-plastic pistols is that they are functional and INEXPENSIVE.

I recall many years ago, Milt Sparks had a mold made to create plastic double mag pouches. The pouches were very nice and could be cut in two to make two singles. He gave me a couple. He never could figure out how to sell them, as folks ordering a Milt Sparks holster wanted a LEATHER mag pouch.

Rosco
    Last edited by Rosco Benson; 11-17-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Site Supporter
    I am a big M&P fan - got on board with the originals and now have 2.0s for carry and range use. It is amazing how good a trigger you can get on a M&P with APEX parts. I specifically look forward to M&P 2.0 factory RDS cut slides. However, I am not interested in expensive M&Ps. But, if it improves the breed and brings out some new parts that is great.

CWM11B
    I share the opinion that it looks stupid, probably adds no appreciable function, and may reduce reliability by allowing all kinds of crud into a duty pistol. As one who has flushed out mustard, ketchup, sesame seeds, spilled coffee/soda/whatever out of non gun guy cop's duty pistols, no way I want open vectors for more crud.

I'm an M&P fan and have several. One is a full blown Apexed out one with the duty carry kit, trigger and barrel they fitted. Another is my old duty pistol. I acquired a second slide for it, put in an Apex USB, a KKM drop in barrel and had L&M Precision machine and mount an RMR. Both are 1.0s. At some point, I'll get the Apex one milled too. I think I like the standard trigger better than the Apex, and for the 2.0 I have (and my purposes) the Apex trigger is unnecessary.

That said, 'tis America and if people want it, hey it's your money so knock yourself out. No judgement from me. For 2k, I'd rather buy ten cases of ammo.

User Tag List