Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Irrational Firearm Desires

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    They're absolutely disgusting. They have the build quality of Khyber Pass pistols. They scratch easily, and they'll gall unless friction-bearing surfaces are stoned smooth and they are run soaked in good lube.

But, good God almighty, I would be happy to see the AMT Hardballer line resurrected from the dead. Big slabs of dumb stainless steel, awful Millett sights, and smelly rubber grips are an instant shot of nostalgia for the gun mags I saw growing up.
    Only shot one once.

I had gotten out of the service and, upon returning home, applied for a CT permit. I got the application from the local cop shop and then I had to get a signoff from a local rangemaster (not the day-long course they do now). So I called a range, made an appointment and went over.

The rangemaster looked over my paperwork and asked what I wanted to shoot. I said: "I dunno, how about a .45?" He told me how much, so I paid him for a box of cartridges, a target and the range fee.

It was a .45 AMT Hardballer. Like you said, a big honking slab of stainless steel. Under the eyes of the rangemaster, I loaded five rounds into the magazine, ran the target down the range, and fired off the five. That gun shot better than I had a right to expect. The rangemaster said something along the lines of "You're good to go, but you paid for the rest of the box, so you might as well have some fun."

I didn't go out and buy one, my recollection was that they made Gold Cups look like bargains. But it sure was fun to shoot.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I didn't go out and buy one, my recollection was that they made Gold Cups look like bargains. But it sure was fun to shoot.
    I have about $400 total in my 10mm, and more than half of that is parts and shop time.

Meanwhile, a hard-used Gold Cup still has some value.

AMTs are to 1911s what the Schwinn at Target is to a mountain bike. It's just a 1911-shaped object. The small parts are so out of spec that it's basically impossible to source parts.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    As a relic of my Counterstrike days, a Sig 552 Commando SBR.
    If we're going down the "Counter-strike guns" path, I'll have a suppressed Steyr TMP, please. That gun got no respect in the game, so it filled my heart with glee to mow players down with it, and I'd like the opportunity to try one out in real life. The G3SG1 seems like it would be an interesting experience as well.

What is sometimes worse than having an irrational firearms desire is actually getting the irrational firearm.

Nothing I am ready to talk about at the moment.

My irrational firearms desires include a Colt Monitor, a Swiss made Sig 550, or a select-fire H&K MP5 since I already have this:

Name:  HK94 SBR to post.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  48.2 KB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Don’t need something like this. Especially at B&T prices... but man do I WANT one!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo5lGn...ture=youtu.be#

I’d like to hear it in person. That’s a very short and small diameter can for short bbl 5.56. And I still don’t understand why B&T keeps putting AR height BUIS on guns with low mount optics.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Don’t need something like this. Especially at B&T prices... but man do I WANT one!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo5lGn...ture=youtu.be#

I’d like to hear it in person. That’s a very short and small diameter can for short bbl 5.56. And I still don’t understand why B&T keeps putting AR height BUIS on guns with low mount optics.

Don't they make it in .300 Blackout too?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

.577 Tyrannosaur. Because Whitetails.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash41984 View Post
    .577 Tyrannosaur. Because Whitetails.
    Last edited by Bucky; 10-24-2019 at 03:22 PM.

User Tag List