Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Irrational Firearm Desires

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I took a mill file and rounded off the edges on the bottom of the slide of mine.
    I’ve seen that done by a few people.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I saw a 686 no dash 4" listed on another forum for what I think was a very nice price. It had the factory smooth grips that I really like and the photos showed only one real hicky on them. I need another 4" revolver like I need, well, another 4" revolver.

I kind of want to qualify on my 4" 629 because reasons.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Some not-so irrational desires:

A Browning SA-22 takedown
    That one becomes rational when the local Academy puts a yellow tag at $399.99 on its store display unit - which has no handling rash because who in suburban Houston bothers to check out a $600 .22?

Just sayin'.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I had an Interarms PPK for a few years, and yes- like shooting a handful of razorblades*.
    Owning and shooting it pretty much cooled off my 007 fantasies.

*to be fair, so is my FN 1906 .25, a gun I adore and love to shoot.
    Same experience here with a West German PPK/S.

Gave it to my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Nasty triggers (hard to understand why, given that Walther also makes the P99 and PPQ, which have among the nicest stock triggers out there)
    It’s not hard to understand when you consider that the PPK design is over 80 years old, and the other two are entirely different beasts.

They're absolutely disgusting. They have the build quality of Khyber Pass pistols. They scratch easily, and they'll gall unless friction-bearing surfaces are stoned smooth and they are run soaked in good lube.

But, good God almighty, I would be happy to see the AMT Hardballer line resurrected from the dead. Big slabs of dumb stainless steel, awful Millett sights, and smelly rubber grips are an instant shot of nostalgia for the gun mags I saw growing up.

I just want to play Terminator.

(I may or may not have rebuilt a filthy AMT Javelina 5" 10mm that was purchased as borderline scrap from a pawn shop into a beater woods gun)
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    They're absolutely disgusting. They have the build quality of Khyber Pass pistols. They scratch easily, and they'll gall unless friction-bearing surfaces are stoned smooth and they are run soaked in good lube.

But, good God almighty, I would be happy to see the AMT Hardballer line resurrected from the dead. Big slabs of dumb stainless steel, awful Millett sights, and smelly rubber grips are an instant shot of nostalgia for the gun mags I saw growing up.

I just want to play Terminator.

(I may or may not have rebuilt a filthy AMT Javelina 5" 10mm that was purchased as borderline scrap from a pawn shop into a beater woods gun)
    Now that’s what an irrational desire looks like[emoji6]

As a relic of my Counterstrike days, a Sig 552 Commando SBR.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I’ve wanted a Stoner 63 since I was a kid reading about the SEAL’s in VN doing good work with them.

User Tag List