Page 55 of 90 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Details out on Glock 17M

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Might have been smarter to equip an early class at Quantico with the M, and let them live with it for some months, since apparently the only real danger they face, if the show is realistic, is a STD from a fellow recruit.
    If the FBI hadn't gone co-ed and switched from .38 revolvers none of this would be happening.

I thought I'd try anachronistic misogyny instead of straight Glock hate.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by jst0915 View Post

Regarding the trigger bar incorrect reinstallation, are people just not inserting the forward part of the cruciform into that little notch thing that the trigger spring is connected to?
    That's the scuttlebutt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    That's the scuttlebutt.
    Good to know, thanks. I'll avoid doing that incorrectly in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'd still buy one today if I could. But I suspect I'd be buying it for different reasons than most.
    Me too. I know how easy they are to make right living a 45 min drive from the factory.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Me too. I know how easy they are to make right living a 45 min drive from the factory.
    So nice to buy a used Glock and then head to Smyrna for a free "inspection" plus new night sights for $55 - almost worth the Atlanta traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    So nice to buy a used Glock and then head to Smyrna for a free "inspection" plus new night sights for $55 - almost worth the Atlanta traffic!
    It's not even fair

Last time there the tech pressed me if I had any mags. Well yeah just these 5 beat to hell range mags of years abuse.

He takes them and explains later he had replaced/upgraded everything but the baseplates. New mag bodies too because they were so tore up.

Just sayin
    Last edited by JHC; 08-19-2016 at 08:46 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    BBI, the movie is called Color of Night, though it is heteroerotic rather than homoerotic. A character starts out the movie by fellating a revolver, which I find quite disturbing and off-putting by the way, then kills herself by jumping out of a high-rise window instead of with the gun, which kind of makes me feel like her fellating the gun is at least somewhat gratuitous. Anyway, her psychiatrist, portrayed by Bruce Willis, then loses his ability to see the color red, due to oh the horror of the sight of his patient's blood. Then blah blah blah there is various sex, murder, and a lot of unintentional hilarity. It has a truly all-star cast, with some of my most favorite actors: Bruce Willis, Jane March, Scott Bakula, Lance Henricksen, Kevin J. O'Connor, Reuben Blades, AND Brad Dourif. I probably forgot someone but you get the idea. It is a very amusing 2am-on-Cinemax flick from the mid-nineties. Go to the video store and rent it today. I guess if worst comes to worst I can mail you my DVD of it but it is probably available to you locally and that would be faster.
    Fucking bravo, sir. Well done.

As to the serious stuff in this thread: Were new 17M specific holsters being used with the 17M pistols?
    Last edited by TCinVA; 08-19-2016 at 09:09 PM.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    So M stands for "scoff" now?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    So M stands for "scoff" now?
    ...Mockery?

This has been an interesting read.

I am not surprised that this happened. I switched to the G22, for police duty carry, in 2002, and soon experienced the drama of Glock denying the obvious. The work-around of heavier magazine springs made my Glocks sufficiently trustworthy, but, yet again, I found myself wishing I had just grandfathered my .357 duty revolvers in 1997. (We standardized on .40, in specified pistols, in 1997.)

Notably, the problem was NOT just when using WMLs on the rail. One of my three G22 pistols was unreliable even without a WML in place, until I installed the heavier mag springs.

I switched to a P229 in 2004, for better accuracy. I do not, however, hate Glocks, and switched back to Glocks, though in 9mm this time, for personal-time carry in 2012, and for duty in 2015, when my chief approved the change, because .40 recoil, combined with the high SIG bore axis, was starting to torture my right wrist.

FWIW, the finger groove spacing of the Gen4 G19 is actually quite good for my hands, better than the G17, Gen3 or Gen4.

Anyway, I hope the problems with the M can be made right. The ambidextrous slide stop would be handy, to expedite left-handed administrative handling of the weapon.

User Tag List