Page 82 of 256 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: The Art and Science of Keeping Your 1911 Running

Thanks Chuck!

I compared your answer to the Lok website Roughneck grip of that color and they indeed match.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    They look pretty similar to these. Im at work and for the life of me cant remember who made them.
    Attachment 66506
    @03RN I may have missed it, but what holster is that? I'm going to need to replace my current AIWB 1911 holster after years of service (the kydex is starting to crack in a few spots), so I should get something on order before I have to deadline this one.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I compared your answer to the Lok website Roughneck grip of that color and they indeed match.
    He was spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    @03RN I may have missed it, but what holster is that? I'm going to need to replace my current AIWB 1911 holster after years of service (the kydex is starting to crack in a few spots), so I should get something on order before I have to deadline this one.

Jmcustom 2.5 with a dcc i cut.

It was a 5" holster I cut down

Help me pick a Lok grip color

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    They look pretty similar to these. Im at work and for the life of me cant remember who made them.
    Attachment 66506
    So I have decided to order a pair of Lok Roughneck grips for my DW A2. The pistol has a parkerized finish. Just soliciting opinions of a color choice. So in the course of your web surfing, browse the Lok Roughneck grips and help me decide on a color that will enhance the pistol. I am terrible at picking out colors. Thanks in advance!!

Site Supporter
    So I have decided to order a pair of Lok Roughneck grips for my DW A2. The pistol has a parkerized finish. Just soliciting opinions of a color choice. So in the course of your web surfing, browse the Lok Roughneck grips and help me decide on a color that will enhance the pistol. I am terrible at picking out colors. Thanks in advance!!
    I vote red/black but the FDE my look nice too. This is PF though so orange/black is the obvious choice.

Site Supporter
    I would go with the Black or Dark Red Black.

Pm sent

Today I shot a local match that was Single Stack themed (I didn't shoot that division). The Single Stack shooters there desperately needed to read this thread on keeping their 1911 running. I have never seen so many malfunctions at a USPSA match. On my squad, we had guns from Atlas, Dan Wesson, Sig, a full custom, and others I didn't pay attention to--in 9mm and .45. Not one single gun had fewer than 5 malfunctions, and most had far more.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

It’s so weird. I treat my 1911s exactly like my Glocks and they work the same as the Glocks. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List