Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New Keepers Holster: The Cornerstone

Quote Originally Posted by Elbowtko View Post
    I watched the video and notice you have both the 17 and 19 in the same holster where say many holster makers make these differently as they are different lengths. I don't have much length in my pelvis which is one of the reasons why I went with a gun that has a shorter length aka the Glock 19. Why make a holster the same size as a Glock 17, won't that effectively make me carry a larger holster for a smaller gun and negate the benefits of more compact gun?
    The extra length provides stability, generally speaking, against holster "roll out" above the belt line. So a G19 length for a G26...even a G17 will often work better than a shorter holster. Experimentation will tell you what works best for your frame and body shape.

The length of the holster runs along the inguinal crease between hip and lower torso.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The extra length provides stability, generally speaking, against holster "roll out" above the belt line. So a G19 length for a G26...even a G17 will often work better than a shorter holster. Experimentation will tell you what works best for your frame and body shape.

The length of the holster runs along the inguinal crease between hip and lower torso.
    This. Longer holsters were a game changer for me. I just ordered a 34-length for my G19 from JMCK.

I was at a class today and saw a nice gentleman carrying a G26 appendix, in a 26-length holster. The thing was rolling out so bad the grip was nearly facing away from him. Roll out is a thing, and extra holster length helps.

Running a G19 or G26 in a longer holster gives you stability but with a short grip compared to a G17/34.
    Last edited by CalAlumnus; 06-06-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnaylo3 View Post
    Are the clips adjustable for cant? They look like the same DCC clips I have on another holster, which are really only ride height adjustable. I can get maybe a couple degrees, but need a bit more in my next holster. I like this design, very efficient use of belt real estate

Yes it adjustable for Ride Hight and Cant by adjusting one clip at a time. If you need more adjustments look at our Keeper line
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Elbowtko View Post
    Hi,

I watched the video and notice you have both the 17 and 19 in the same holster where say many holster makers make these differently as they are different lengths. I don't have much length in my pelvis which is one of the reasons why I went with a gun that has a shorter length aka the Glock 19. Why make a holster the same size as a Glock 17, won't that effectively make me carry a larger holster for a smaller gun and negate the benefits of more compact gun?
    So carrying AIWB is line and Equation.. it can be short or it can be LONG.. with such factors as,
    body shape
    body type
    holster With.
    right high
    cant
    pelvis length
    pant ride high
    pant fit
    shirt fit
    belt tension, ( get an Foundation belt from concealedcarry.com

and more. ...

One of the biggest myths is that a smaller gun is easier to conceal... BFS..

The longer the holster is the more it stabilizes it, and it Distributes the pressure over a larger surface area, Thus it will feel like less pressure.

So for the VAST majority longer is better for AIWB!!!!!

For instance our G43 holster will fit the G 48, 43X and G43.. cause you need more length Also the more the narrow the more people can we ware it. my holster is about 3/4' longer than my Beretta 92 is longe!!
    I hope this helps.

Thanks
    S
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

When’s the RDS version available?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhughes View Post
    When’s the RDS version available?
    It'll be a while, we need to work on the other models first.

Thanks
    S

I’ve had the Cornerstone for a little over a week now. It’s a great holster. I much prefer the “wave” over the wings. It gives you the same grip tuck without adding extra width to the holster. Retention is great right out of the box. Keepers says they set it at what they feel is the perfect level and I haven’t felt the need to adjust it. The Cornerstone comes with 2 sets of foam wedges (large and small) which is a plus since everyone else adds on a charge for that. Their wedges work but they are not as refined as the ones you can get from other places but they’re free so I really can’t complain. Between the small footprint, built-in wave, and ability to tuck your shirt in, I think this thingis a winner

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 06-17-2020 at 10:12 AM.

Thinking about getting one of these. My main question is does this "wave" camming thing have to be installed at all??? Or is the camming feature "wave" ready to go out of the box.

I am having major problems installing the camming bar on another competing brand due to the screws not holding it (it's too loose etc..)

Quote Originally Posted by Lalez View Post
    Thinking about getting one of these. My main question is does this "wave" camming thing have to be installed at all??? Or is the camming feature "wave" ready to go out of the box.

I am having major problems installing the camming bar on another competing brand due to the screws not holding it (it's too loose etc..)
    It is molded directly into the trigger guard. No installation necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    It is molded directly into the trigger guard. No installation necessary.
    Awesome thanks

User Tag List