Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glock "CQB Standoff" dongle

The Glock "CQB Standoff" dongle

I speak of course of this not-at-all ridiculous piece of engineering:

It's designed so the gun doesn't push out of battery if you were to press it into the body of an assailant. Apparently. Looks like the Mad Max Meat Mallet to me. This is a complete farce, right?

In my unenlightened opinion, not only do I think that shooting properly from retention would completely eliminate the possibility of this happening, but pressing your gun against someone else's body is just begging to have it taken away, meat tenderizer attached to the front or not. It seems like it's just another ridiculous, expensive hardware solution to a non-existent software problem.

I haven't had the opportunity to take an ECQC or similar course though, so any veterans of such please educate me on the usefulness of such a dongle.

Apparently it's discontinued anyway, but I am genuinely curious. And if anyone intends to bring it back under the Mad Max Meat Mallet brand name, I demand royalties
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

Like pistol bayonets, people will buy them.

I always thought those pistol bayonets were novelties! People actually use them??

I can see how adding a blade to the end of a rifle creates a spear. But, a blade on the end of a pistol? That's like putting a snowplow on a Civic.

Quote Originally Posted by GearScout View Post
    I always thought those pistol bayonets were novelties! People actually use them??

I can see how adding a blade to the end of a rifle creates a spear. But, a blade on the end of a pistol? That's like putting a snowplow on a Civic.
    Name:  arme_5photo_1.jpg
Views: 1754
Size:  14.9 KB

Not sure who (if anyone) uses em, I just know they are available.

It is an attempt to turn a Glock into a snubbie. A contact shot from a .38 is devastating. Take SouthNarc's ECQC course and you will see where a contact shot is a viable option. Not saying this toy is a viable option.

Exactly when does one put the fucking thing on his gun?

Nobody makes holsters which allow for it, and once I draw I'm not fucking with attaching it.

Maybe it is a solution to a problem...but no delivery system to the situation.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I know of multiple police officers who have had to use muzzle strikes and/or contact shots to deal with bad men who intended to kill them. I don't believe any that I'm aware of had a doohickey attached to the rail to protect the slide from being knocked out of battery.

Quote Originally Posted by DonovanM View Post
    I haven't had the opportunity to take an ECQC or similar course though, so any veterans of such please educate me on the usefulness of such a dongle.
    I have not taken ECQC either, but I know people that can firmly attest that contact shots do happen. The concept as it has been explained to me is that ideally* you're shooting from a retention posistion, but sometimes during a "FUT" you can only make do with the shots you've got.

*Ideally, your shooting from full extension, but it's not likely.
    FUT = Foxtrot'd Up Tangle

As for this "dongle" I say, "meh." Someone could just as easily grab your slide to put it out of battery, or push the gun aside to stay out of the line of fire at contact ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    Name:  arme_5photo_1.jpg
Views: 1754
Size:  14.9 KB

Not sure who (if anyone) uses em, I just know they are available.
    Bro I AIWB carry that bro.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

If the factory Glock design incorporated a standard "stand off" structure of the frame, it would be hailed as a brilliant design feature missing from all lesser semi autos.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List