Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Larry Correia's Shivworks AAR

Larry Correia's Shivworks AAR

Author Larry Correia (MHI, Son of the Black Sword, Hard Magic, and others) has just published an AAR of his ShivWorks ECQC class.

This weekend I attended the ECQC class from ShivWorks held in Utah.

I’ve heard about ECQC for years. Even among my most hard core training junkie friends, this is the class they all recommend and keep going back to. I was supposed to go last year but had to cancel when I got sick (stupid Corona). I am so glad I got to go this time because it was honestly one of the best training experiences I’ve had in my life.

Craig Douglas is one of those instructors that you can tell is passionate about his job. He truly loves this stuff. He’s got a hell of a resume, but he’s also testing, evaluating, and evolving. You can tell he really gives a shit about his students and wants to help them be successful.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

What does your favorite author do in his spare time?

That was a really good write up, Ive seen a few AARs of Craig's classes, but Larry's write up and the video really hit home how much of a quality class it is.

There is a small green smiling monster face sticker on the back window of my Tundra..... Still waiting for someone in the know to come up and comment on it. Love me some MHI!

Two of my favorite things: those MHI novels, and any Shivworks class that I’ve been in.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

“Evil Looms. Cowboy Up. Kill It. Get Paid!!”
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

More than one person has asked if Earl Harbinger is based on me.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    You certainly eat enough barely cooked red meat.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    You got a minotaur hide leather bomber jacket hiding some place? I'm 100% down with this whole mental image.

One of these days, when Larry does another book tour, I'll have to go an meet him.

Will it be too tacky if I bring every Correia book I have for him to sign? Because he's gonna be signing for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You got a minotaur hide leather bomber jacket hiding some place? I'm 100% down with this whole mental image.

One of these days, when Larry does another book tour, I'll have to go an meet him.

Will it be too tacky if I bring every Correia book I have for him to sign? Because he's gonna be signing for awhile.
    I’ve got several autographed copies of books. I got the self published copy of MHI autographed on his first book tour. I’ve also been fortunate enough to have eaten dinner with him several times here in Arizona. He’s a great guy!

Name:  3D1F7A35-520C-4D7B-AC25-E769ADAF7F75.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  33.0 KB
    The MHI Arizona patch designed by a buddy of mine. I had it made up not too long ago.
    Last edited by Coyotesfan97; 04-21-2021 at 03:36 PM.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Here a photo of one of them. I had to go take one and it’s off center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List