Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing The Gestalt from Custom Carry Concepts

Introducing The Gestalt from Custom Carry Concepts

Sometimes in life, we find something that is more than the sum of it's parts.

Introducing the Gestalt Holster

Combining the best features of the Shaggy AIWB, the Uno, and the Quick Cover, the Gestalt is a tuckable, comfortable, concealable, convertible and versatile Inside the Waistband holster.

We are now taking orders for the Gestalt.

Quite some time in the making, but again simple and elegant in completion. I had originally wanted to call this one the Chimera but there is already a beautiful leather pocket holster by that name.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

I dig. PM inbound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Looks great!

I just emailed you yesterday asking about a shaggy with some modifications. How would this work with full sized guns compared to the shaggy with your new belt clip?

I did my testing with a Glock 19 and it worked extremely well in AIWB with the extended tab and a judiciously placed piece of foam. I have reports that it is a good fit for a full size 1911(though that tester still likes the Shaggy better) and the Beretta PX4 Storm Compact.

This is not meant to replace the Shaggy. The original concept was geared toward the smaller pistols that I do not cover with the Shaggy. It just turned out to work far better than I had envisioned and answered several questions that the original Shaggy did not.

This holster strays from the KISS principal that TLG first approached me with years ago(The Looper). I'm sure it will be far from his favorites list, but it does many things extremely well and I think it will be a good choice for anyone and any pistol.
    TANSTAAFL

Looks very interesting. Would you consider making a short video showing how the holster works? For example, how the extended tab works or how it adjusts for ride height. I have been on the verge of ordering an Eidolon but this looks like a viable alternative to that concept.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Please send me one of these so I can take photos and send it back to you....those photos make my eyes hurt.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Is this the version that wasn't out yet when you recommended for me to test out with my CZ 75? Can't wait to test it out, although I have nothing to compare it against in my lack of experience.

BJJ,
    I'll work on a video ASAP, maybe tomorrow but the last little vid we did was a heck of a lot more work than I thought it would be.

voodoo_man,
    I'm hurt, those pics are the made with the best technology my iPhone and photobucket have to offer! Of course if you're serious, I'll get one out to you tomorrow. Your photos rock.

scw2,
    Why yes, yes it is. Your Gestalt will be formed up tomorrow and should be headed your way early next week.
    TANSTAAFL

Looks good, can I come to the shop and have one made while I wait? Lol I'm bout two hours away from you.. Love the height adjustments on this one... Very nice work..

I like the adjustable plate. I "fabricated" one from some metal and used it with another holster to adjust ride height before I eventually sold it. If this plate would have been available it may have been perfect. I see one of these in my future.

User Tag List