Page 156 of 194 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    .290 - here’s an earlier post by Ernest...
    Thanks. To raise POI I need a shorter rear. Wilson makes U notch in .280 and ..270 and the square notch in 270.

Per wilson’s Website, .10” difference in rear height equal 1.7” difference at 20 yards. Right now it is hitting just behind the dot or slightly lower at 7 yards and 3-4” low at 25 so I’ll try the .270.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Thanks. To raise POI I need a shorter rear. Wilson makes U notch in .280 and ..270 and the square notch in 270.

Per wilson’s Website, .10” difference in rear height equal 1.7” difference at 20 yards. Right now it is hitting just behind the dot or slightly lower at 7 yards and 3-4” low at 25 so I’ll try the .270.

To raisr POI don't you need to install a taller rear sight?

Um... Shorter front or taller rear to raise POI.
    Adjust the rear sight the direction you want POI to change, front sight opposite.
    Was once told "your goals should always just exceed your grasp."
    Which hits different when the goal is to get back up to "mediocre"...

I'll just add that I've found the Wilson rear sights can be stubborn to install on Vertec style slides. Go slow and if you're using a sight pusher, get the engagement as low as you can on the sight.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew E View Post
    Um... Shorter front or taller rear to raise POI.
    Adjust the rear sight the direction you want POI to change, front sight opposite.
    You are correct. Luckily I didn’t order it yet...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'll just add that I've found the Wilson rear sights can be stubborn to install on Vertec style slides. Go slow and if you're using a sight pusher, get the engagement as low as you can on the sight.
    I have found Beretta sight to be one of those thing I could do if I had to but are well worth paying a gunsmith.

I have found Beretta sight to be one of those thing I could do if I had to but are well worth paying a gunsmith.
    I paid with a scuffed slide.

I tried a 10-8 rear with the intentions of matching a front f/o sight since the rear was shorter.

The smaller notch 10-8 shot nice but decided to hold off on that project for later.... so I returned the factory LTT rear.

It was not an easy return..... as I used my smaller vise at the house instead of my big padded jaws vise at work.

got the first big scuff out of the way and it hurt. I protected the vise jaws with masking tape, but what I did not notice was my mask job missed the mark and left one of the jaws at the top exposed.

Last edited by SW CQB 45; 06-22-2019 at 02:23 PM.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

In regards to using masking tape to protect slides, vise jaws, etc. I learned from Andy Faircloth in LE Sniper Rifle Armorer school to use 10 mil PVC tape to cover and protect anything I didn't want marred. It also works to create space/clearance when bedding rifles, etc. Whenever I change a muzzle device on an AR, I put a couple of layers on the barrel before using aluminum jaws to clamp down on the barrel. When working installing sight or doing anything else on a pistol I don't want to mar, I throw on a layer. It comes off easy and lends significant protection from my less-than skilled hands/tools.

https://www.amazon.com/100-Mil-Pipe-...87384933&psc=1

Site Supporter
    +1. I have yet to send a complete gun to LTT, but he's installed sights on the slides of three PX4s for me.

I've done three and Beretta really puts them on there to stay.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List