Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Something new from Sparks

That’s a nice rig - do you know what weight leather it is? Without the steel mouth band I would think it would need to be thicker then their usual work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rccolt.45 View Post
    That’s a nice rig - do you know what weight leather it is? Without the steel mouth band I would think it would need to be thicker then their usual work.
    It is pretty light. I don't think it is heavier than their usual stuff, but I don't know any more about leather than I know about aircraft.

Have I shown you this picture I took of a C-130 taking off one day at work? :

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    It is pretty light. I don't think it is heavier than their usual stuff, but I don't know any more about leather than I know about aircraft.
    Got it: @Lost River knows leather comes from cows.

Hambo doesn't know much more than that, but I was always impressed by how tough my Kramer belt scabbards were without reinforcement. I think I'd like it more if it was a cut down, straight drop 55BN, but my rule with good holster makers is to STFU, give them money, and do whatever they tell me to do.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Leather comes from animals. Cows, horses, goats, sheep, deer, pigs, sharks, elephants, kangaroos, alligators, rattlesnakes.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Leather comes from animals. Cows, horses, goats, sheep, deer, pigs, sharks, elephants, kangaroos, alligators, rattlesnakes.
    Go on...

Name:  717412C8-15AC-4F82-8C2D-A1CA0807FF62.jpeg
Views: 391
Size:  29.5 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter

Jim Cirillo

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I've been playing with the idea of carrying my Sig P365 AOWB slight muzzle-forward. I've never tried it and, have no idea about its viability. Christmas brought me Jim Cirillo's book "Tales of the Stakeout Squad": https://www.amazon.com/Jim-Cirillos-.../dp/B08L41BBDP . The book includes this photo of Cirillo carrying at about the 2:30 position using a very muzzle-forward holster:

Name:  Cirillo w OWB muzzle forward holster.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  82.0 KB

I'd love to hear from any of you using a similar carry method - although perhaps a bit more towards the 1:30 position and with a less radical muzzle-forward cant. Thanks from the Big Empty. ELN

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post

I'd love to hear from any of you using a similar carry method - although perhaps a bit more towards the 1:30 position and with a less radical muzzle-forward cant. Thanks from the Big Empty. ELN
    Here is a good thread:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post203383

I tried a slight forward cant holster from JRC, and it was a very well made holster, but it worked better on me as a crossdraw (which I don't do very often). I'm a lefty, and at the 10-11 o'clock position it was not concealing very well on me. Not enough real-estate.

YMMV.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I've been playing with the idea of carrying my Sig P365 AOWB slight muzzle-forward. I've never tried it and, have no idea about its viability. Christmas brought me Jim Cirillo's book "Tales of the Stakeout Squad": https://www.amazon.com/Jim-Cirillos-.../dp/B08L41BBDP . The book includes this photo of Cirillo carrying at about the 2:30 position using a very muzzle-forward holster:

I want one of these for my Blackhawk. Blame it on 1960s westerns.

https://davisleathercompany.com/western/aa/
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I've been playing with the idea of carrying my Sig P365 AOWB slight muzzle-forward. I've never tried it and, have no idea about its viability.

I don't have experience with that type of carry, but I am aware of holster offerings from Ted Blocker and C. Rusty Sherrick with a muzzle forward cant. Here's a thread that may be helpful.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....er-X16-holster

That exact thing, slight forward cant located forward of 3 oclock on the belt works better than anything else for me, right up until my day includes sitting in a chair or vehicle. Then the 3 oclock rear cant lets me draw easier from seated.
    But I like that position quite a bit. Some days I do have shoulder mobility limitations and it helps.

User Tag List