Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: JMCK CLAW 2.5

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Am I the only one that hasn't ever had a problem with pull the dot loops printing? I think the only time that was the case there were usually a lot of other elements to the holster that were printing as well... making the loops the least of my concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Am I the only one that hasn't ever had a problem with pull the dot loops printing? I think the only time that was the case there were usually a lot of other elements to the holster that were printing as well... making the loops the least of my concerns.
    I don't have these issues either...then again I don't wear skinny jeans and skin tight tshirts.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I generally only see them, (for example in a relatively thin tee or polo), if I lean back a bit from the waist in an "oh, my aching back" motion.

If I'm standing with good posture or leaning forward it's not an issue. I will say, that it really comes down to the build of the holster and how much bulge or cant at the waistline is present. Some are better than others in this regard in my experience.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

For me, one of the loops prints a lot more than the other. Well, until I removed it, anyhow.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

My PTD dont print horribly but do print some. I'm thinking of trying to flatten them down a bit. I think it has alot to do with shape at the waistline, and how much your shirt drapes from your chest. If your chest sticks out more than your stomach area i think youll have less of an issue. Mine are more or less equal, so i get some print but not much.

I said in the video I did that the 2.5 wasnt a T shirt holster for me. I guess i should change that and say a G34 size holster isnt a t shirt holster for me.

-Cory

Did you move the front loop back yourself, or did you order it that way? I could certainly drill new holes but not sure if pushing out the kydex to create the raised mounting point after-the fact would cause problems.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the WC 1.0 is best for me, which is almost what you've created.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    2.5 with standard holes = much better!!

I thought the front loop on the 2.5 printed badly and left the slide sticking out.

The grip is tucked in and the slide doesn't print at all on me.

Excellent modification! My go-to "George" is going to get jealous.

Attachment 17263
    Last edited by vandal; 06-24-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Did you move the front loop back yourself, or did you order it that way? I could certainly drill new holes but not sure if pushing out the kydex to create the raised mounting point after-the fact would cause problems.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the WC 1.0 is best for me, which is almost what you've created.
    I'd ask Tony because I am not sure whether or not certain areas are elevated to accommodate the holes. (I feel like they are, but I don't have both on hand to compare.)

Tony recently added the option to buy the 2.5 with standard holes. I gave it a try because I felt like the wide holes push the slide out too much due to the mounting angle.

I got my Wing Claw 2.5 about a week ago, and have been very impressed so far. Previously, when carrying AIWB (in JMCK AIWB holsters) my P2000 was about the largest gun I could truly conceal, while my P229 printed more than I would like. With the standard AIWB holsters I also had to make a trade-off between concealment and draw speed, with my knuckles hitting the top of my belt when the loops were put through the top height adjustment holes, and the holster printing more and tending to roll out when the loops were put through the bottom holes.

With the 2.5, I am able to conceal a full size P226, even with the holster adjusted higher. The grip tucks in very well, and the printing from the leading belt loop is minimal. Honestly, my belt buckle (5.11 belt) tends to print more than the holster or gun itself, but that's easily pushed over to the side. When carrying a spare mag, the load is more distributed, and nothing really stands out. While it's not quite a "t-shirt holster" as cor_man257 put it, it's pretty darn close. I suspect that a mid-size pistol would just disappear in this holster. For reference I'm 5'10, 165, runner's build with my chest sticking out a little more than my stomach, and my shoulders being a bit wider than my hips.

I like my AIWB holsters to be a bright color to aid in looking the gun back into the holster. Previously I had ordered orange holsters from JMCK, but the straight orange is no longer being offered, and I'm not a big fan of carbon-fiber look anything, so I went with pink. The pink is (as I had hoped), completely obnoxious and really stands out, even in dim light. I've attached a picture, taken outside at dusk, which probably doesn't do the brightness justice.

I have tried both the "extra tuck" and the wedge features on JMCK holsters. The extra tuck did pretty much nothing, and the wedge was so uncomfortable that it barely lasted through a quick trip to the corner store. This time I went with the pad, and hit the Goldilocks "just right" spot. I've noticed a bit of a warm spot from the pad in the Arizona summer (we hit 120 last week), but not too bad. Time will tell to see how it holds up to sweat. I do still notice a little roll out, but not nearly as bad as with the other holsters, so the pad helps (as does, I'm sure, the longer barrel of the P226).

Overall I would highly recommend this holster, especially for anyone who has had issues with concealment while carrying AIWB. I'm planning to pick up an identical setup for my P229s, but in the meantime I am primarily carrying the P226, as I can conceal it better.

Name:  IMG_4148.jpg
Views: 1326
Size:  68.3 KB

jck397, thanks for the review!! Happy that it is working for you and you like it.

Thank for the business!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Christmas in June! Thanks Tony!
    Name:  IMG_1514.jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  99.7 KBName:  IMG_1515.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  100.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List