Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clapp Ruger SP101!

Clapp Ruger SP101!

I've kind of wanted one of these ever since I picked up a used blued Clapp GP100 a couple years ago. Unlike the standard SP101 that has sights out of the 19th Century, the Clapp has a cute little version of the Novak. Front is a dovetail gold bead.

Otherwise I don't know if there's much difference in the Clapp and the standard SP. I guess the only thing I'd change is the finish. I'd probably do a bead blasted stainless finish rather than the semi rough surface polish that's on the gun now. Maybe a bobbed hammer would be a nice feature too. Neither is probably too hard to accomplish and would help further offset this from a stock SP101.

Overall, nothing earth shattering. Just kind of a nice example of a modern all steel pocket blaster.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Loctite or vibratite that rear sight screw.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Loctite or vibratite that rear sight screw.
    I was wondering about that.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sights and the “black powder cut” chamfer at the front of the cylinder. Notice it isn’t square?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Sights and the “black powder cut” chamfer at the front of the cylinder. Notice it isn’t square?
    I thought the chamfered cylinder was a standard configuration now, no?

Site Supporter
    I agree that a spurless hammer would be an improvement. I wish that revolver makers would have used sights that nice when revolvers were more commonly used for serious purposes.

Site Supporter
    Does ruger still not sell the bobbed hammers as a stand alone part?

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Enjoy!

That’s been pretty much my daily carry for the past 3 years. I added a shim kit and Pachmayr boot grips. I use the GoldDot 135gr +P (23921). Holster is the rattiest, most sweat stained Galco Tuck imaginable. Magnums not all that bad, but prefer the .38s

Name:  B83B38FE-10D7-4862-B570-3C99C055647C.jpg
Views: 1605
Size:  37.0 KB
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Those WC's are nice looking guns. I wish every fixed-sighted revolver had dovetailed sights as an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    Does ruger still not sell the bobbed hammers as a stand alone part?
    I don't see anything on the Shop Ruger webstore. I'll call tomorrow and see if they might sell me one.

User Tag List