Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: IWI X95 Review and Range Report

I would say the height over bore is the main issue for comfort and familiarity for me.

The handing differences are that there’s not much nose weight so that makes transitions a little vaguer.

Rear weight also makes mounting from stock on belt heftier. But I don’t notice much when it starts low ready or other shoulder to stock start.

The X95 18.5" barrel version is very compelling, as its 28.125" long with the ticker buttpad. But with the thin butpad it will drop to 27.125" - giving you a 18.5" barrel 5.56 thats the length of a MP5.

18.5 also looks great with the Optimus Handguard:

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    The X95 18.5" barrel version is very compelling, as its 28.125" long with the ticker buttpad. But with the thin butpad it will drop to 27.125" - giving you a 18.5" barrel 5.56 thats the length of a MP5.

18.5 also looks great with the Optimus Handguard:

My issue with the 18.5” Tavors is while accuracy is acceptable, it’s not sub-moa like a SPR “mk.12” type AR.

16” seems like the better option to me for that reason.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Also regarding suppressed gas to face…

With the gasket sealing plate I get way less gas to face than an AR / MCX.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My issue with the 18.5” Tavors is while accuracy is acceptable, it’s not sub-moa like a SPR “mk.12” type AR.

16” seems like the better option to me for that reason.
    Well whats interesting is the 16" is so short it needs the +1" length increasing thick butpad.

So with the 18" you can remove the butpad, reducing 1" OAL and 1" LOP, and you end up only 1" longer then the 16" but with +2" of velocity

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Well whats interesting is the 16" is so short it needs the +1" length increasing thick butpad.

So with the 18" you can remove the butpad, reducing 1" OAL and 1" LOP, and you end up only 1" longer then the 16" but with +2" of velocity
    Ah, I was unaware of that. That’s not the case for the original Tavor SAR.

18” X95 does make sense to me now.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I have to respectfully disagree with @JCN about the trigger. I have the Super Sabra trigger pack and Lightning Bow and it's the lightest, most crisp trigger I have in a rifle. I have a 300 blackout conversion I'm not using because I figured the 16" barrel wasn't getting me anything over my 9" MCX but now I'm thinking I may convert it back and sell the MCX instead of dealing with the impending SBR issue. If I can't keep it loaded in the car, it's got no particular advantage over the Tavor.
    Oh yeah, I saw a video from IWI where they used a section of rail cover at the back end to help redirect some of the gad blowback. I need to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree with @JCN about the trigger. I have the Super Sabra trigger pack and Lightning Bow and it's the lightest, most crisp trigger I have in a rifle.
    I don’t think you’re disagreeing with me… I don’t doubt it’s the best trigger you have in any rifle…

But what are you comparing it to?

The Geissele sd3g single stage competition AR trigger I have in my JP5 is leagues above the X95 Sabra and lightning bow…

It’s also not as great as the Hiperfire eclipses.

Here is a video:

They all break around 2 pounds but the AR triggers lack a little bit of the mush and load up (it’s subtle) that the X95 has. The reset is also shorter and cleaner on the ARs.

I stand corrected. I forgot about the Hiperfire. I was comparing it to the Sig match triggers, an SDE in my 516, and the 2 stage LMT in my legacy AR, which is surprisingly light. I was taking issue with mush, but your tactile perception is probably more refined than mine because I'm old and have an f'ed up right hand due to ulnar nerve impingement.

Where is the best place to buy the 16 inch or a 18.5?

User Tag List