Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: A new EDC TQ

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    Tactical Tailor makes a molle compass/strobe pouch that fits a wide TQ and a Quickclot, costs all of $11.
    Thanks, but not at all what i'm looking for. I pocket carry the TQ, just looking for a sleeve like pouch to protect both the TQ and my pants from wear. The make one for the regular, just not the wide.

I just keep mine in its original plastic bag. I cut the top open, ran the bar code tab out halfway and bent it over, and covered the top of the bag with duct tape so the tab is sort of a quick release/pull tab. I've been carrying it that way for a few weeks in a side pocket and it's held up with no issues. The pouch works on a belt or range bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    On IG they said they didn’t anticipate this level of demand and that now they don’t want to ramp up to fast because it would effect quality control and they would rather make less money than sacrifice quality. Noble actually.

So it seems they are using funds to ramp things up slowly while making sure the manufacturer can handle the demand without harming the integrity of the product.
    If that is true, I applaud their sentiment, but after two tries on two diff dates (I don't have nor want apple pay), I have abandoned the idea, at least for now. After I sent a grumpy email on 12-2 they said they anticipated enough stock not to have the problem on the 16th. Yeah, well, no. I see they no longer even specify a "drop" date for their next event.

I can carry my SOF easily enough and it is time-tested. Might look into this again if they can ever produce enough not have clusterfuck marketing. Not entirely happy with their website privacy policy either.

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Might look into this again if they can ever produce enough not have clusterfuck marketing.
    It's not a clusterfuck. It's FOMO marketing.

It's a feature, not a bug.

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Been carrying the 1.5” version “flat folded” in my pocket every day, for up to 16 hours a day, for over a month now. Still holding up strong which I was worried about.

I know its a pain in the ass to try and get something that sells out in under a minute but its worth trying. I’d suggest forgoing the 1” because frankly I dont trust a 1” anyways and just try to buy the wider version. It takes that version a little longer to sell out.

Flat fold it, throw it in your front pocket, and call it a day.

Buy two and train with one.

Been carrying the 1.5” version “flat folded” in my pocket every day, for up to 16 hours a day, for over a month now. Still holding up strong which I was worried about.

I know its a pain in the ass to try and get something that sells out in under a minute but its worth trying.
    Not so sure. It's not like I don't have others, and a flat-folded SOF is pretty compact. I was going to buy a couple to try and a couple for a friend in another agency who wanted to check them out, but I am not going to again play the "add them to the cart and check out fast before they are gone" thing. I am now wondering if, as has been suggested, this is just a marketing strategy. As I said previously, their privacy and marketing disclosures are not appealing either.

Name:  FOMO.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  68.2 KB

If this is just a marketing ploy, then their claims about the reasons for the supply issues are false. If so, that may say something about the product itself and other claims for it. Note that I am not saying this is so. I really don't know what the deal is, except I am not going to participate. I hope this works out and is a good product, and if so, and they run a regular online business selling stock, taking orders, etc., then I may be a customer.

Says a lot about the state of manufacturing here. The fact that there is literally nowhere you can go to have a product produced to a QC standard in an amount that keeps up with demand.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Says a lot about the state of manufacturing here. The fact that there is literally nowhere you can go to have a product produced to a QC standard in an amount that keeps up with demand.
    Well, these guys would probably sell you as many USA-made TQs as you would want to buy and generally speaking, I think people are happy with their QC standards:

https://softourniquet.com/

https://www.narescue.com/combat-appl...uet-c-a-t.html

I am beginning to feel like I am picking on the Snake guys and that is not my intention, so I am done. Hopefully, things will work out and the product will prove vlauable, as the concept is appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Its not quite that simple.

You have to have the funds needed to scale up. A newer company will need to pull funds from their current sales to scale up which means they can only scale up a little at a time unless they take on outside funding which many businesses dont want to do.

Then you have to account for the time it takes to build/buy/instal new equipment and hire and train the extra people needed to work all of the equipment/machines, etc.

Takes time for a new company that is facing serious demand.

Its not quite that simple.

You have to have the funds needed to scale up. A newer company will need to pull funds from their current sales to scale up which means they can only scale up a little at a time unless they take on outside funding which many businesses dont want to do.

Then you have to account for the time it takes to build/buy/instal new equipment and hire and train the extra people needed to work all of the equipment/machines, etc.

Takes time for a new company that is facing serious demand.
    Are they actually making them themselves or using a existing vender?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

User Tag List