Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

I just checked the box and found a paper that stated the light source lens was replaced.

I use Nyogel 760G grease (intended for tactical flashlight cap threads and O-rings) on the battery cap threads and O-rings of all 4 of my SRO’s and reverse to the lead (turn backward until you feel the threads match up) when installing the caps. Never had an issue of any sort, but this helps a lot in getting the cap started properly.

I use the same grease on all my Modlite handhelds and pistol lights- really helps with preventing galling and thread wear.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I picked up a five MOA model from primary arms. The buttons were extremely stiff compared to my other SROs and I could not get the sight to turn on even though it had a battery installed. I tried swapping the battery and apparently cross threaded the battery cap despite having three other SROs.

It’s on its way back to the mothership, will report back when I get it back.
    Sorry that happened to you! That’s frustrating!

I have thought an optic was broken only to find that I had it on low night vision setting and couldn’t see the dot. I even sent it back! The technician note pleasantly informed me of my error.

I don’t remember who showed me this, it was either here or on Enos but there’s a guy who makes these. I would post a link but it’s just a dude and his email so I didn’t want to post in on a forum out of courtesy.

DM me and I would be happy to pass it your way. If enough people want them he might have another run done. It was $25 when I bought it a year ago.

Name:  4FEF54B8-1DEA-44CE-AA7B-735A21B7AD9B.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  25.5 KB

Name:  5379B2D7-4408-41EA-86AE-75E44D28BC5C.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  22.8 KB

Name:  8EB09A34-DDD4-41A2-8FAE-EA8FA298002D.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  23.1 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Sorry that happened to you! That’s frustrating!

I have thought an optic was broken only to find that I had it on low night vision setting and couldn’t see the dot. I even sent it back! The technician note pleasantly informed me of my error.

I don’t remember who showed me this, it was either here or on Enos but there’s a guy who makes these. I would post a link but it’s just a dude and his email so I didn’t want to post in on a forum out of courtesy.

DM me and I would be happy to pass it your way. If enough people want them he might have another run done. It was $25 when I bought it a year ago.

Name:  4FEF54B8-1DEA-44CE-AA7B-735A21B7AD9B.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  25.5 KB

Name:  5379B2D7-4408-41EA-86AE-75E44D28BC5C.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  22.8 KB

That SRO tool screen looks more substantial than the 3-D printed plastic one I purchased.

Regarding the optic, something was off with it because the buttons were extremely hard to push to compared to my other SROs and RMRs.

Seeing that battery tool inspired me… mine looks cheap and ugly but it works!

Name:  F20504CC-0438-4C29-ADF7-2B48348596BD.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  38.7 KB

After making and testing my tool, I realized what a pain it is to change the battery! I guess since I’ve had the SRO, I’ve only change the battery once or twice. The last time was over a year ago. Even with the tool, you can only get about 1/3 of a turn before needing to reposition it. Thank goodness I’ll only need to change it once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    After making and testing my tool, I realized what a pain it is to change the battery! I guess since I’ve had the SRO, I’ve only change the battery once or twice. The last time was over a year ago. Even with the tool, you can only get about 1/3 of a turn before needing to reposition it. Thank goodness I’ll only need to change it once a year.
    I usually go to light sensing mode when not in use (faster than holding to turn off) and that saves battery. Batteries last >2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    there’s a guy who makes these. I would post a link but it’s just a dude and his email so I didn’t want to post in on a forum out of courtesy.

...If enough people want them he might have another run done. It was $25 when I bought it a year ago.

I bet there are a few people on P-F who would be interested if he did another run of these tools. I know a few people locally as well.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Not sure if this is the same guy, but I found this…

https://thesrotool.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I bet there are a few people on P-F who would be interested if he did another run of these tools. I know a few people locally as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Not sure if this is the same guy, but I found this…

https://thesrotool.com/
    Same guy! I was just coming to post that!

User Tag List