Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Least favorite foods.

Site Supporter
    Just noticed drinks on the OP.

Jagermeister.

Why anyone would choose to drink Jagermeister is beyond my comprehension.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Actually, I like sweet potatoes. It took me a while to get back to eating asparagus after the cooks on one of the ships seemed to like to offer asparagus with cheese sauce as a main course. "Trees with Cheese"--yuck! (This was in the wardroom, there was talk of throwing a blanket party for the supply officer.)

I guess that there aren't too many Jews on this board, because nobody has mentioned gefilte fish. That shit is vile beyond belief.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Actually, I like sweet potatoes. It took me a while to get back to eating asparagus after the cooks on one of the ships seemed to like to offer asparagus with cheese sauce as a main course. "Trees with Cheese"--yuck! (This was in the wardroom, there was talk of throwing a blanket party for the supply officer.)

I guess that there aren't too many Jews on this board, because nobody has mentioned gefilte fish. That shit is vile beyond belief.

Asparagus. Done properly it needs grape seed oil, fresh ground salt, fresh ground pepper, be wrapped in bacon, and then grilled or baked until slightly crispy.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Because us Jews LIKE gefilte fish. Especially with Batampte red horseradish sauce.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Not this Jew. But enough horseradish to defeat taste and texture is key to tolerating gefiltesputum once or twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Why anyone would choose to drink Jagermeister is beyond my comprehension.
    Your opinion, good sir, is flat wrong.

Jägermeister is delicious, especially in combination with Rumpleminze. Now Tequila, that shit's nasty.

I don't get to IKEA much, so I had to look this up:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

Really? What, if I may ask, does fish soaked in Lye for days smell like?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Asparagus. Done properly it needs grape seed oil, fresh ground salt, fresh ground pepper, be wrapped in bacon, and then grilled or baked until slightly crispy.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    Last summer I was in Southern Ontario, way on beyond Zebra, in farm country.

At dinner, among the heaping piles of food available, from which we shoveled onto our plates, was a platter of fresh grilled Asparagus.

I would not admit this in public, but it was delicious.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

Really? What, if I may ask, does fish soaked in Lye for days smell like?
    Just guessing, here: Soap?

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    I ate ONE grasshopper at a Mexican city style taqueria where I live. It tasted like an imitation bacon bit with chili powder on it. Not a bad taste but the thought of eating them makes my stomach turn.

I like huitlacoche but for some reason thinking about it makes me unable to eat it.

User Tag List