Page 6 of 111 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The world around you thread

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    This is essentially a description and photograph of where I live also, only the above features more freedom but fewer extraneous letter "U"s, as in "neighbours".
    Aaaand there's the whole where-to-put-terminal-punctuation issue.

Here's a few of where I hunt.

It's easy to think of these as islands. They're really hilltops that stick up out of the water, which can be 3-400 feet deep in places that are not far from shore.

The brush here is thick.

Coming home afterward.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 11-20-2016 at 12:59 PM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I have the terminal punctuation issue with my own Canadian publisher...which I try to ignore but seriously, a quote is a quote. If the quote includes a full stop, then you include it in the quote.

OTHERWISE IT'S AFTER DAMN IT!

I guess it shouldn't be surprising just how much your islands look like our islands but those pictures could easily be on the way to my place. I presume the San Juans?
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Yes, the San Juans. I think it's considered in style to refer to these waters as The Salish Sea, so we're neighbors after a fashion.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    That's a style I'll never catch on to, or "to which I'll never catch on", I guess. It results in a lot of mid-commute radio yelling for me.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Gentlemen, your pictures humble me....
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Real life kicks the Internet's ass.

Yet the Internet enables sharing of gorgeous "real life" not immediately accessible to all (i.e., those who currently live in metro areas.). Thus, the Internet itself kicks (some) ass.

Quite a conundrum.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Real life kicks the Internet's ass.

Yet the Internet enables sharing of gorgeous "real life" not immediately accessible to all (i.e., those who currently live in metro areas.). Thus, the Internet itself kicks (some) ass.

Quite a conundrum.
    Maybe not a conundrum so much as a continuum...

...either way, it's great to share these images with our friends.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Gentlemen, your pictures humble me....
    I moved to the general area I grew up. NE OK. It has had its challenges, to say the least. My wife is a Southern AZ girl at heart. And, we are moving back to the desert, soon. Somethings are just better in the Southwest.
    It's not all roses in the middle of nowhere.

Site Supporter
    Where in southern AZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Where in southern AZ?
    Tombstone
    The foothills of the Dragoon Mountains, looks like some of your pictures could be from that area.
    I want to move to Pierce, but we might end up in the Sierra Vista area.
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 11-21-2016 at 12:11 AM.

User Tag List