Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Out The Front (OTF) knives

Out The Front (OTF) knives

Pocket dump: backcountry rifle trip.

Breakfast:

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Finally caved and grabbed one. Think I’m going to need a 70 next (hopefully with a way to remove the glass breaker).

Name:  BAE45882-B4A8-4B59-94C2-D38A5644BDBB.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  42.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Finally caved and grabbed one. Think I’m going to need a 70 next (hopefully with a way to remove the glass breaker).

Name:  BAE45882-B4A8-4B59-94C2-D38A5644BDBB.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  42.5 KB
    Trying to zoom in to read text on blade. That’s an 80 you have there?

I’d also be super interested to hear about removing the glass breaker on a 70...

ETA
    Found this
    https://www.reddit.com/r/knifeclub/c...er_on_a_utx70/

Sounds like it just unscrews but the internal part of the screw is vital to the operation and so an identical screw (thread pitch, and length evidently) needs to be installed. Which remind me, I need to order that thread-checker tool I’ve had in my Amazon cart for awhile...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Trying to zoom in to read text on blade. That’s an 80 you have there?

I’d also be super interested to hear about removing the glass breaker on a 70...

ETA
    Found this
    https://www.reddit.com/r/knifeclub/c...er_on_a_utx70/

Sounds like it just unscrews but the internal part of the screw is vital to the operation and so an identical screw (thread pitch, and length evidently) needs to be installed. Which remind me, I need to order that thread-checker tool I’ve had in my Amazon cart for awhile...
    Yeah, this is the UTX-85. It is what I think of as the perfect size for any time you can get away with wearing jeans. If WFH ever ends, I think the 70 without a glass breaker, and maybe not D/E, would disappear pretty well and be a good all-around knife for most tasks. The quality and the action on this knife are much better than I was expecting.

Just picked up an UTX-85. I find this to be the perfect edc knife. Fits nicely in the hand and has a real smooth action. I have been using the Ultratech for a couple of months but since getting the UTX-85 is has been relegated to the safe. I had an UTX-70 but personally found it to be a little too small, however that strictly is my opinion.

Name:  BDFEE985-42F3-452B-8643-2A17679D5984.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  59.6 KB
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

I just ordered this one. Should be here next week. It’s in M390 steel. I don’t know much about that steel but everything I’ve read says it’s a “super steel”. Anyone here have experience with M390?
    Name:  589487A3-ED0F-402C-9F24-14C583648AEF.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  38.7 KB

Out The Front (OTF) knives

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    I just ordered this one. Should be here next week. It’s in M390 steel. I don’t know much about that steel but everything I’ve read says it’s a “super steel”. Anyone here have experience with M390?
    Name:  589487A3-ED0F-402C-9F24-14C583648AEF.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  38.7 KB
    My UTX-85 which happens to be in my pocket today is m390as well, and it’s still sharp as fuck with very minimal sharpening. Excellent steel for this purpose.

Site Supporter

You just cost me $263

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My UTX-85 which happens to be in my pocket today is m390as well, and it’s still sharp as fuck with very minimal sharpening. Excellent steel for this purpose.

Order placed. Asking better late than never, what do you think of that bisexual blade?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    Order placed. Asking better late than never, what do you think of that bisexual blade?
    It identifies as double-edged... I like it a lot. I like having the full serrated edge for stuff that needs serrations to cut, but not having to use it all the time.

Double edged... have to pay attention for sure. The steep bevel makes it not a very good slicer, of course.

Given that I've already established in my mind that the UTX-70 is ridiculous (too small, too dramatic, etc.) I've also decided that if (when?) I get one, it's gotta be the Tanto!

Name:  2021-06-17 13_33_43-Window.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  12.8 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List