Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fudd Tactical

Fudd Tactical

Decided to dress Elmer up a bit with some tactical lederhosen and a matching sling;

The shell carrier and sling are from a leather shop in Prague, Czechia;

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4943692...active_4&crt=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6309273...home_active_29

Each item is made to order and can be had with different color leather and stitching. I went with brown leather with white stitching, both items are beautifully made with old world craftsmanship. They shipped in just over a week, then about five weeks to get to me in NH. The lederhosen are laced up tight and don't move on the stock. The material used for the shell loops is stretchy and holds the six rounds of Federal F164 1B shells very securely.

The sling is attached in the rear with a standard swivel stud, and up front I used a swivel base from New England Custom Gun Service;

A few beauty shots of Elmer;

Handsome devil, isn't he?

I love this. I’m no Fudd, but I have a deep appreciation for some of their rituals and customs. I’d “culturally appropriate” the shit out of that shotgun.

In fact, I have a Stevens 311 that I think I need to Czech out now.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    That's pretty! Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    That's pretty! Love it.
    This is my NY gun for when we visit family. Breaks down and fits in my duffel, but keeping ammo handy/organized was a challenge. This solves that problem.

Site Supporter
    My NY gun when I first traveled here was a Ruger PCC 9mm with a non threaded barreled and 10 round Glock mags. The other long guns were shipped by the movers. The handguns went by FFL and kept until I got a permit (this was not cheap - so I shipped only the best and special, the generic I sold).

At the old NTI, we did a mystery gun run in the shoot house with a double coach gun. We were supposed to be naked, so we wore a big smock to cover ourselves as if we were woken in the middle of the night. Given a box of mixed bird and slugs and then had to navigate the dummies and knock them down. So you had to carry the box and gun. You were supposed to by feel see if you were loading a slug or bird depending on the target was close or far. That went out the window for me. I just loaded and shot, even at a distance the bird took down the target. I've said this before, one surprise dummy popped out after I shot two. Thus, I butt stroked it. The ref says that works.

The NTI was a FOF blast. I died badly, so to speak a few times for a good lesson or two.

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Handsome devil, isn't he?
    Very elegant!

Having been born with an appreciation for things nostalgic, I have thought about getting a CZ Hammer Coach, but any 12 gauge much under 7-1/2 pounds unloaded is going to kick me too hard for my own good.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Nice interpretation of the Biden Special! Extra style points for using a double trigger variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Nice interpretation of the Biden Special! Extra style points for using a double trigger variant.
    The shotgun is a Lefever Nitro Special in 16 gauge, manufactured by Ithaca Gun Co. in 1923. I inherited it from my grandfather about 50 years ago and the barrels had already been cut from 28-inches to 26-1/2" (for what reason I do not know).

Since it has little collector value with the barrels already cut I had it professionally refinished in the 90s. A few years ago I decided to make it a coach gun so the barrels were cut again to 20 inches. I also installed the FO front sight at that time. The action still locks up tight with no play.

With open cylinder barrels it patterns the Federal 1-buck load as follows;

At 10 yards the shot stay within the 9-ring of the B27 target. I need to experiment more with slugs, my initial testing looked good at 25 yards.

Here is my travel to NY shotgun--selected for convenient airline travel in checked luggage over capacity. It is a Spartan 12 gauge double. Imported by Remington; made in Russia. 20" barrel.

The first picture is of the gun disassembled; the second is of the shotgun alongside a Remington 870 with an 18" barrel and a Benelli Super90 with a 19.75" barrel.

Name:  doublebarreldisassembled.jpg
Views: 1824
Size:  28.0 KB

Name:  shotguns.jpg
Views: 2077
Size:  42.6 KB
    Last edited by Ed L; 01-30-2021 at 11:40 PM.

Great, now I'm finding myself looking around for a double-barrel "coach" gun.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List