Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manurhin MR88 support?

Manurhin MR88 support?

I tried looking around but I think either my search-fu is weak today, or there is just not a lot of this info.

Anyone know if a Manurhin MR88 will fit other holsters? It seems to be close to a Ruger Service Six and I wonder if the resemblance is close enough. And what about speedloaders? Anyone ever try using any of the generally available ones (HKS, Safariland, etc) will work?

Really fighting the desire to buy one, and if there is no way to run it in a class, than I can successfully ignore that inner voice.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Ugh. Why did I see this thread? I’m in the same boat. Spent an hour this morning looking at them.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I feel your pain. The MR73 is one of my grail guns.[emoji20]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Bought one. it's beautiful and neglected. Dude who had it buggered the sideplate screws. I am going to call Ted Blocker and see if they can make a holster for it. It is a modified Speed-Six. The one I got is .38 Special and has a 3" barrel. The Trausch grips suck. I need to see if my other Speed-six grips fit.

I emailed Chapuis in France and they referred me to Hastings for parts in the US.

Hastings Distribution <info@hastingsdistribution.com>
    Tue, Apr 30, 7:32 AM
    to me

Hello:

We usually only have parts available for the Manurhin MR 73. I have been able to order some parts for the MR 88 in the past. We do not have a gunsmith on staff and are unable to assist you with repairs or service of your gun.

I checked the parts list for the MR 88. There are two different screws for the side plate.

1400715300 - side plate screw steel - $15
    1400778300 - side plate screw - $23.75

If you don't know which side plate screw you need, please send me the model and serial number from your gun. I will send an email to France, and they may be able to determine which screw you will need.

It appears that only the rubber grips are available.

1400747100 - rubber grips - $110

Shipping is an additional cost and based on the total amount of the order. Orders less than $99.99 will be $8. Orders $100 or more will be $20. We can only ship within the USA.

If you decide to go forward with an order, there on somethings to know:
    Special order parts are not returnable.
    We will also require a 50% deposit.
    Please do not send any credit card information in any emails.
    It may take several months to receive the parts. Occasionally, the factory has to produce a part which may delay shipment for six months or more.

Please send us the following information:
    Name as it appears on the credit card
    Billing and shipping address (if different)
    Phone number
    Part number(s) with description(s) and the quantity of each part

I hope I have been able to help. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Liane Emery

Hastings Distribution, LLC
    1150 Carlisle Street
    Suite 10, Box 194
    Hanover, PA 17331
    717-524-5301 (Monday-Friday - 10 am to 5 pm eastern)
    info@HastingsDistribution.com
    www.HastingsDistribution.com

https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/ruger/security-six

There is a note on this page saying that Hogue Security Six grips are compatible with the MR88, so there look to be some options, grip wise.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    There's a 3" MR88 up on Gunbroker. It's the only one that's not being started at a stupid-crazy amount.

I've dropped a bid.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Centerfire systems has used ones for $699. I’ve never dealt with them so I can’t recommend them as a seller.

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-...evolver-3.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Bought one. it's beautiful and neglected. Dude who had it buggered the sideplate screws. I am going to call Ted Blocker and see if they can make a holster for it. It is a modified Speed-Six. The one I got is .38 Special and has a 3" barrel. The Trausch grips suck. I need to see if my other Speed-six grips fit.

I emailed Chapuis in France and they referred me to Hastings for parts in the US.

Hastings Distribution <info@hastingsdistribution.com>
    Tue, Apr 30, 7:32 AM
    to me

Hello:

We usually only have parts available for the Manurhin MR 73. I have been able to order some parts for the MR 88 in the past. We do not have a gunsmith on staff and are unable to assist you with repairs or service of your gun.

I checked the parts list for the MR 88. There are two different screws for the side plate.

1400715300 - side plate screw steel - $15
    1400778300 - side plate screw - $23.75

If you don't know which side plate screw you need, please send me the model and serial number from your gun. I will send an email to France, and they may be able to determine which screw you will need.

It appears that only the rubber grips are available.

1400747100 - rubber grips - $110

Shipping is an additional cost and based on the total amount of the order. Orders less than $99.99 will be $8. Orders $100 or more will be $20. We can only ship within the USA.

If you decide to go forward with an order, there on somethings to know:
    Special order parts are not returnable.
    We will also require a 50% deposit.
    Please do not send any credit card information in any emails.
    It may take several months to receive the parts. Occasionally, the factory has to produce a part which may delay shipment for six months or more.

Please send us the following information:
    Name as it appears on the credit card
    Billing and shipping address (if different)
    Phone number
    Part number(s) with description(s) and the quantity of each part

I hope I have been able to help. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Liane Emery

Hastings Distribution, LLC
    1150 Carlisle Street
    Suite 10, Box 194
    Hanover, PA 17331
    717-524-5301 (Monday-Friday - 10 am to 5 pm eastern)
    info@HastingsDistribution.com
    www.HastingsDistribution.com
    Pahearne, I'm curious why you don't like the Trausch grips; I have a set by choice on my Security Six, which were modified for it by the late Jacques Trausch (the Trausch TJ84 grips are for a round-butt Ruger/Manhurin, but Jacques provided the cuts necessary for them to fit on my square-butt Security Six). My only initial complaint was that the thumb ledge strake precluded use of Safariland Comp II Security Six Speedloaders, but I subsequently found that the slightly smaller Safariland Comp II for a K frame S&W works just fine with them.

Jacques also further modified a set for me where he cut away the thumb strake, that's been sent to p-f member Wayne Dobbs for his Security Six, as I'm a happy camper with the first set of Trausch grips now.

I've found that they provide an exceptionally ergonomic firing grip, and I like that they also enclose the backstrap for additional grip and recoil dissipation. As Jacques Trausch unfortunately passed away several years ago, they're very hard to obtain (and always were in the US, as he never really had any effective marketing or distribution set up), but were the rubber grip of choice for GIGN and other French and European users.

Out of currently available rubber grips, probably the Hogues would be my recommendation for a Security Six or Manhurin MR88; I'm not sure what grips Manurhin is shipping their current MR88s with, but if they still have a stock of Trausch's, that would be a plus in my book.

Best, Jon

The Hogues are what my two Speed-sixes wear, but they are IMO more for a duty gun for holster carry. The MR-88 I have is a 3", fixed sight that I bought because I was always envious of Pat Roger's 2 3/4" Speed-Six and wanted an analog. I'm probably going to buy some Pachmayr Compacs and see if they fit.

Jon in WA: Although I am a large, rhino-like land mammal, I have big, beefy palms with really short, sausage fingers that match my T-Rex-like arms. The Trausch grips are floppy on my example, and they cover the backstrap which gives me a less-than optimal trigger reach. Also, they interfere with proper ejection, and I would assume speedloader use, though I haven't confirmed the speedloader issue as I only have 200 rounds through the gun. I was able to purchase a set of F1 grips from Numrich, the wood police-issue slim stocks, but they do not include a grip screw, so I am back to square one.

User Tag List