Page 343 of 678 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393443 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 6771

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Just got home after class. The light mount never budged. I tried to torque on it when I got home and it still wouldn't budge. Shot about 200 rounds of 7 1/2 bird and 10 rounds of buck and slug.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by AOITC589 View Post
    Would love an American made semi. FN SLP has very mixed reviews, mostly negative. There's the Remington V3. I'll be looking into that more before pulling the trigger on the 1301.
    The Savage Renegauge is a candidate. I'll be watching it as field experience accumulates.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    This pretty much helped cement my want of an LTT 1301.

Couple quick questions for TCinVa and anyone else:

1. Are the Aridus side saddles offered with it one of the "good ones"? I seemed to remember TC only likes a couple side saddle options, I'm pretty sure Vang is one of them but can't remember the other.

2. I'd like to start getting on waiting lists for the different good types of federal flight control ammo so I can have some to shoot when I get the shotgun. Can anyone name the product numbers to look for? All I'm seeing on Federals website for defense 00 is number PD132 00. That seems to be a 9 pellet, and I think reduced load? I'd also like to try the 8 pellet reduced and non-reduced loads if possible. Seems everyone here gets better groups with the 8 vs 9 pellet shells. I just can't seem to find those numbers on Federals site, hopefully they're not discontinued.

Thanks in advance!

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    1. Are the Aridus side saddles offered with it one of the "good ones"? I seemed to remember TC only likes a couple side saddle options, I'm pretty sure Vang is one of them but can't remember the other.
    Vang for a soft-sided shell carrier.

Aridus for a hard-sideed shell carrier you can jump out of helicopters with.

2. I'd like to start getting on waiting lists for the different good types of federal flight control ammo so I can have some to shoot when I get the shotgun. Can anyone name the product numbers to look for? All I'm seeing on Federals website for defense 00 is number PD132 00. That seems to be a 9 pellet, and I think reduced load? I'd also like to try the 8 pellet reduced and non-reduced loads if possible. Seems everyone here gets better groups with the 8 vs 9 pellet shells. I just can't seem to find those numbers on Federals site, hopefully they're not discontinued.

Thanks in advance!
    LE133 is the 8 pellet load. The 8 pellet load avoids the 9th pellet flyer that even FFC has. Just a function of physics.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post

Thanks in advance!
    The advantage of flight control buckshot was proven most convincingly in class today. My Fiochii sucked and started to spread significantly at 15 yards. Flight control was a tight fist size group out to 20. I only got to fire one as it was given to me by the instructor but I am sold!!

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Vang for a soft-sided shell carrier.

Aridus for a hard-sideed shell carrier you can jump out of helicopters with.

LE133 is the 8 pellet load. The 8 pellet load avoids the 9th pellet flyer that even FFC has. Just a function of physics.
    Perfect, thank you sir! I will add that to my notification lists

I have read through most of this thread at one point or another, and just recently snagged a new gen 1 tactical.

How are you guys mounting a light on these without adding an extended magazine or swapping the fore end? I snagged a streamlight 870 mount that looked promising from a link earlier in the thread but upon it's arrival I can see it's not going to work well.

Thanks!

You might see if GG&G has anything more suitable for you. I have settled on a frankencombo of mount and a specific surefire light model. BUT I am using a extension and clamp as my light mount. Keep in mind you can use a cheaper extension like the KZ from Botach in conjunction with your magazine spring retainer to maintain legal capacity and still use the clamp and tube as additional real estate if thats your issue.

Has anyone experienced this issue?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

I have a couple of questions about my new 1301 Tactical.
    I noticed that my front sight is not centered. How do I straighten that?
    Also.... My 1301 has the plastic mount on top of the receiver. Is that suitable to mount a red dot or do I need something stronger?

User Tag List