Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Bronco aimed at the Jeep Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Why 30-40 no bueno?
    Ballistics are very poor. It didn't last but about 10 years and was replaced in US inventory.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mntneer357 View Post
    Since at least 2012, Tacomas are at least assembled in San Antonio. Mine was
    Builds for the 2nd gens transitioned from a mix of California & Mexico to San Antonio in 2012, but the current gen are split between San Antonio and the Mexico plant. IIRC their popularity relative to the Tundra was causing Toyota to displace Tundra build capacity in San Antonio at one point.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

More tease than anything, I imagine...
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...bronco-design/

Name:  10BF7E56-BF63-45CC-91E9-E7F0EC5F657F.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  40.4 KB

Could this be a redesigned Ford Flex vehicle?
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

I know that's just a rendering, and they say it's a guess based on various data they have, but I like it. The first generations of these retro-mobiles always seem to be the truest. Then they start the modernization process for the next generation and they always get a little too melty/Euro looking. See: Mustang and Camaro.

Not really a niche I'm interested in, but I bet they sell.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I know that's just a rendering, and they say it's a guess based on various data they have, but I like it. The first generations of these retro-mobiles always seem to be the truest. Then they start the modernization process for the next generation and they always get a little too melty/Euro looking. See: Mustang and Camaro.

Not really a niche I'm interested in, but I bet they sell.
    I agree on all points. I'm not currently in the market, but if I moved "into town" this could become an alternative to the Macan/Cayenne/Explorer ST/Volvo X60/Grand Cherokee I'm currently kicking around.

My business has been awarded content on the new Bronco, and the best public image I have seen is the one showing the Bronco-R racing prototype at https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/ .

Site Supporter

Man I like the looks of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Man I like the looks of that.
    Yeah, me too. And all reports on the Ranger I hear, including a buddy (who admittedly is a dealer but IS a car guy) are positive. My wife will be due in a year or so and expects to at least consider this, if they follow through with the six-speed rumor my, er I mean her, chances will improve!

This got bumped and I just saw this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    A thread about Bronco's and Jeeps has turned into a Toyota love fest.
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Doesn't that tell you which of them is better? …
    Seriously, last time I saw a 4x4 Tahoe with over 200k miles it was ragged to shit. Meanwhile, my mother is driving around in a 12-year old FJ Cruiser with 180k miles on it that runs and drives excellently for its age.
    Toyotas are great, but a bunch of Tacos had to be crushed under warranty because they rusted in half, if something like that happened to a Chevy we would never hear the end of it.

I don't know much about the last Suburban/Tahoe I saw with over 200k, but I know a lot about the last one I drove. We had a 2003 Suburban that became my daily (after my wife was done with it) from 2010-2014, until it had 235k on it. After that it became a commercial light duty vehicle for my wife's print shop, and was just fine until an employee wrecked it with 255k. A local guy slapped some new fenders on it and is still driving it around, though it is now apparently getting some rust. I think we had a transmission rebuild at some point (I might be misremembering with the 1991 we had) and I slacked and let the transfer case get dry and we had to replace that. Not sure if the heads have been off yet or not, but I know a guy who knows the guy and could ask.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 01-17-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Toyotas are great, but a bunch of Tacos had to be crushed under warranty because they rusted in half, if something like that happened to a Chevy we would never hear the end of it.
    Some people are a few decades behind and/or haven't learned anything new since that 1994 Consumer Reports they browsed at the doctor's office. Japanese vehicles are created by the gods and delivered to man on a cloud of perfection. American cars drop the transmission out of the rusted out frame the week after they leave the dealer's lot.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List