Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Levi Strauss & Co CEO speaks up, encouraging gun owners to wear something else

Lots of companies take overt political positions, on the Left and on the Right, regarding issues not directly related to their product or service.
    Chik-Fil-A, Domino's, Starbucks, Levi's, etc. ad nauseum. Lots of other companies take political positions without going public about it.
    Big deal.
    Let each individual decide for himself/herself whether any of it really means anything in the grand scheme, and then move on.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    +1, that's my first reaction.

My second reaction is that, for a change, I don't understand the outrage about Levi's reaction. Let's get the priorities of attention straight. The first thing that needs to be talked about is that a moron brought a gun and had an ND in a private business. I don't see a single fucking word of an outrage about it.

The second thing that needs to talk about is if you really want to bring a gun to a shopping venue where you're likely to handle the gun and even possibly be separated from it, if for a short period of time..

Third, maybe perhaps consider that the company must take some sort of a visible action to protect itself from future litigation.

Fourth, they could've just banned the guns in their stores - and after an ND that endangered lives of their staff or other customers do you really have moral grounds to blame them? Instead, they issued an non-enforceable request.

I have zero problem with their position and I am disappointed in a dogpile that's happening. I know that historically they are anti-2A and they can be smacked for that, but if some moron ND'd in my business, my reaction could've been the same.
    YES - This.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Who the hell is still wearing Levi's?
    Who the hell is still wearing jeans period? To be operator as fuck you need cargo pants.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Who the hell is still wearing jeans period? To be operator as fuck you need cargo pants.
    Dude - Selvedge denim is the new Tactical Black. Better than cargo pants made out of Doomsday Canvas or pants with integrated knee pads, ass padding, and ceramic crotch plates....It's higher quality, better looking, and stretchier than plain old denim. It's the new hottness. If you're not wearing Selvedge, you're not even operating, bro.

Dude - Selvedge denim is the new Tactical Black. Better than cargo pants made out of Doomsday Canvas or pants with integrated knee pads, ass padding, and ceramic crotch plates....It's higher quality, better looking, and stretchier than plain old denim. It's the new hottness. If you're not wearing Selvedge, you're not even operating, bro.
    And here I am, sitting in my Unbranded UB101s, monochrome black Chuck IIs, with a wolf grey Naga for my top. #oaf

No way, bro. You can't hide an ankle FAK under jeans, there's no tactical tomahawk loop, no semi-hidden mag pouch pockets, and without the crotch plates, well, fuck, they're not even pants.

Bitch I operate...in cargos.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Is that the same Bass Pro that yanked AR's?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They still sell AR's- you can even get a Magpul'd out 6920 for $1,150
    Wallyworld, on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    How many NDs are sufficient for a corporation to act? Three? Until someone gets hurt?
    Black people will not get sued if one black guy robs a store. A mega million corporation will likely get sued for negligence if the next ND injured a third party and plaintiff made a point of a prior ND incident left without a corporate response. ND on business premises is a lose-lose proposition even for a pro2A organization. I've no illusion where Levi stands on this issue in general, but in this instance their response is as diplomatic as it can be.
    I would be curious as to number of assaults, robberies, and crimes occur in and in the area from parking to their stores, and in their general vicinity. If the number of ND's is higher, they have a valid point. If the number is lower, hen they really do not have the customer's best interest in mind. How safe is your shopping experience is something I would prefer to control, and why I do not open carry or advertise. I have a huge issue with open carry folks. I have zero issues with private property owners not allowing it. Rights are a two way street. Open carry in YOUR car, home, and in public areas, I am "meh" on and believe that the 2nd amendment is fully applicable here. I look at it like flag burning......just because you can doesn't mean you should, and the second it becomes unsafe, you should be prosecuted like the wrath of GOD......(preferably a non b.s. one like Odin...).

As stated, my issue with Levi's started long before his and I just prefer to not support companies who are funding things that are totally opposite of what I am sending money to. I was the biggest Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and Levi's you could imagine. Then those companies decided to be political. They likely gained some customers and lost folks like me. When you want to make business political, it is a choice that comes with consequences. I could give a crap about people's individual politics, but I do care if those individuals CHOOSE to make those politics part of their business and use the business as a platform to support causes that are totally against my beliefs. Again, choices on both sides part.

Also, I am as unforgiving as can be on stupid in public and more than happy to see people who put others at risk prosecuted to the fullest for doing dumb things.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 12-02-2016 at 04:40 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I would be curious as to number of assaults, robberies, and crimes occur in and in the area from parking to their stores, and in their general vicinity. If the number of ND's is higher, they have a valid point. If the number is lower, hen they really do not have the customer's best interest in mind. How safe is your shopping experience is something I would prefer to control, and why I do not open carry or advertise. I have a huge issue with open carry folks. I have zero issues with private property owners not allowing it. Rights are a two way street. Open carry in YOUR car, home, and in public areas, I am "meh" on and believe that the 2nd amendment is fully applicable here. I look at it like flag burning......just because you can doesn't mean you should, and the second it becomes unsafe, you should be prosecuted like the wrath of GOD......(preferably a non b.s. one like Odin...).

As stated, my issue with Levi's started long before his and I just prefer to not support companies who are funding things that are totally opposite of what I am sending money to. I was the biggest Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and Levi's you could imagine. Then those companies decided to be political. They likely gained some customers and lost folks like me. When you want to make business political, it is a choice that comes with consequences. I could give a crap about people's individual politics, but I do care if those individuals CHOOSE to make those politics part of their business and use the business as a platform to support causes that are totally against my beliefs. Again, choices on both sides part.

Also, I am as unforgiving as can be on stupid in public and more than happy to see people who put others at risk prosecuted to the fullest for doing dumb things.

x2

That is why I posted the story. If the consumer doesn't know, he/she cannot make an educated decision.

I quit Levi's in 2000, because of their support of the Brady Campaign, and Levi's public anti-gun statements. Before 2000 they were all I wore.

Some gun owners still might choose to buy Levi's products; that is their choice to make.
    Last edited by Wendell; 12-02-2016 at 04:59 PM.

So far they've addressed the guns that harm no one in their stores ever. I'd like them to now address the age old adage that "cotton kills". How many people have died of exposure because their stupid jean material wouldn't dry out for crap? I demand they recommend you also not wear their product for fear that it may cause harm.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List