Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Shivworks push dagger

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Unfortunately, no one pressure tested it. So I can't say for sure. Craig had it with him as part of the various demonstrators. So I got a few minutes to play with it and feel the weight/shape test the grip a bit, but nothing like a full-on test. I'm going to try to get to ECQC later this year, if so I should have a trainer by then to pressure test a little bit during EVOs.
    I think it is safe to say the body of work behind the clip itself is solid and that won't be a concern. The velcro would be the only point of contention but considering the demands placed on it I'd not be worried.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I think it is safe to say the body of work behind the clip itself is solid and that won't be a concern. The velcro would be the only point of contention but considering the demands placed on it I'd not be worried.
    Yes, I meant to mention that. I tried "ripping" the clip loose from the velcro by pulling down on the clip like you might if you were drawing IWB. NO budging. It should be very solid. Time will tell how well access will be when entangled (shouldn't be any worse than a handgun), but I don't know if it will be as fast and smooth as the CP. It's so hard to block/stop the draw from the horizontal belt-line of a CP.

For folks who have been running the PD any comments on access?
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 06-04-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I don't know if it will be as fast and smooth as the CP. It's so hard to block/stop the draw from the horizontal belt-line of a CP.

For folks who have been running the PD any comments on access?
    Faster/stronger. It seems that once one has a grip on the PD getting it out leaves that arm far more free than a CP. Blocking a CP draw is hard but I think a PD is even harder. Access might be slightly harder, by the smallest gap.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

3M Dual Lock ain't no joke. That stuff really holds.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Just a reminder to the non LEO members. Make sure this is legal to carry in your state/area.

Ohio's knife laws are ridiculous in their lack of defining anything and as knives are not covered under state concealed carry licenses and there is no state preemption regarding knives there is literally no way to determine if any knife from a Victorinox Solitaire to a Spyderco Civilian would be considered "Any deadly weapon other than a handgun" and thereby not legal to conceal.
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 06-05-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

IANAL, but just about everywhere I have lived have had special provisions about "push" and "punch" daggers making them a legal no-no for daily carry. I used to roll with several of the CS versions, but gave them up after seeing the legal ramifications in several different jurisdictions.

Not sure why that is, but the "push dagger" appears to be the "evil black rifle" of the knife world - to the unwashed. Of course, a SWITCHBLADE Push Dagger would be a weapon of mass destruction in those same circles...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    IANAL, but just about everywhere I have lived have had special provisions about "push" and "punch" daggers making them a legal no-no for daily carry. I used to roll with several of the CS versions, but gave them up after seeing the legal ramifications in several different jurisdictions.

Not sure why that is, but the "push dagger" appears to be the "evil black rifle" of the knife world - to the unwashed. Of course, a SWITCHBLADE Push Dagger would be a weapon of mass destruction in those same circles...
    A switchblade balisong push dagger would hit all the right buttons.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    A switchblade balisong push dagger would hit all the right buttons.
    That would actually cause anyone within the grid square to spontaneously combust.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    Embarrassed to say I'm not sure about the legalities.
    The legalities are also what I'm worried about. Obviously not an issue for LEOs, but civvies are a different story. What muddies the waters is that John McPhee's SOB Punch Dagger won the NRA's Golden Bullseye award this year, and it would be a little odd for the NRA to endorse something that wasn't legal for civilians to carry.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

When I was traveling across the country, I made a point to look at the knife laws in states I'd be traveling through. Most of the states I looked at specifically prohibited punch/push daggers or were worded vaguely enough (seriously, WTF counts as a "dirk knife" in 2017?) to where I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying some of my knives as a non-LEO. Thankfully, my state is no longer one of those.

FWIW, my out-of-state carry knife is a waved Endura for that reason.

User Tag List