Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hornady's 6mm ARC. Who's all in?

Another video on the new rifles from G:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I didn't take the time to wade through the videos. Did they post some groups?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I didn't take the time to wade through the videos. Did they post some groups?
    No they just talked about the hardware.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    I'm going to be honest...There are so many new rifle calibers coming out monthly to fit in the three 5.56/7.62/300WM class platforms, that I've really lost track of who's who and what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I'm going to be honest...There are so many new rifle calibers coming out monthly to fit in the three 5.56/7.62/300WM class platforms, that I've really lost track of who's who and what's what.
    I think the word has gotten out that Hornady is a marketing powerhouse and everyone is getting plugged in. You can only sell so many 5.56 ARs before you run out of interest. I've not seen the numbers but my guess is that gun sales are slowing way down right now and new calibers are one way to kick the market back into high gear.

@Cdub_NW recently jumped on the 6 ARC train. I think he's been working up loads. When that's done we are going to have an ARC vs. Grendel 1100 yd smackdown.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Recently escaped the People's Republic of Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @Cdub_NW recently jumped on the 6 ARC train. I think he's been working up loads. When that's done we are going to have an ARC vs. Grendel 1100 yd smackdown.
    Jumped in but have not begun load development yet. So far I have only done some initial barrel break in (getting brass in the process). Hoping to find time in the coming months for loading and testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I wonder which is more inherently accurate. 6 PPC is the smaller grandfather to the 6ARC and has won a lot of competitions, but the tactical/long range crown will try to squeeze every last ounce of speed out of the little case.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I wonder which is more inherently accurate. 6 PPC is the smaller grandfather to the 6ARC and has won a lot of competitions, but the tactical/long range crown will try to squeeze every last ounce of speed out of the little case.
    There aren't a lot of options for 6.5 Grendel, and I like that because I don't enjoy fooling around with loads. I have a great OCW load with old school 123gr Match Kings at 2450 fps out of my suppressed 16" midweight Alexander Arms upper. They are transonic stable and I'm very confident in my dope out to 1150. But the ARC clearly looks superior on paper.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List