Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Field Holster for 4" N-Frame with RDS?

Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    My high tech nail polish job needs touching up, I know

Attachment 91424Attachment 91425
    Sorry, check that.

I DO NOT use the 568 for my red-dotted K-frame. Thought I had, but must’ve been a senior moment.

I carry that in a Garret Silent Thunder OWB where I’ve cut a clearance for the RMR mount.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Sorry, check that.

I DO NOT use the 568 for my red-dotted K-frame. Thought I had, but must’ve been a senior moment.

I carry that in a Garret Silent Thunder OWB where I’ve cut a clearance for the RMR mount.
    can you post a pic of that with the gun in it??

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
    I would contact Simply Rugged and see if they can do that for you. Their Sourdough Pancake holsters are great in the field.
    He has a couple models (Not the Sourdough though) that support red dots, but I'm still trying to see what else is available.

Chris

Site Supporter
    That slot ends just about halfway between the factory rear sight screws if that's any help to you.

And the outside (front of the sight track) edge of the holster stands off 3/4" from the top of the top strap.
    Thanks for this and the pics. The slot is a bit too short, but I could continue trimming along the same lines and open it up.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    I have that one bookmarked. It looks like he offers it with a red dot cut.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Thanks for this and the pics. The slot is a bit too short, but I could continue trimming along the same lines and open it up.

Chris

You for sure could do that without weakening the holster, but the liner is stitched around there so you'd have to do something with it after cutting. Those holsters are so inexpensive it would maybe be worthwhile, I bought mine for under 40 bucks.

Site Supporter
    You for sure could do that without weakening the holster, but the liner is stitched around there so you'd have to do something with it after cutting. Those holsters are so inexpensive it would maybe be worthwhile, I bought mine for under 40 bucks.
    I forgot about the liner. I mostly buy holsters without.

Where did you get yours? I haven't been able to find one yet.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I forgot about the liner. I mostly buy holsters without.

Where did you get yours? I haven't been able to find one yet.

Chris
    I think I bought mine from LAPG, looks like Safariland doesn't make them anymore.

Dillon evidently still has them:

https://www.dillonprecision.com/gear...ts-pouches?p=2

Site Supporter
    I think I bought mine from LAPG, looks like Safariland doesn't make them anymore.

Dillon evidently still has them:

https://www.dillonprecision.com/gear...ts-pouches?p=2
    Thanks. I never think about looking at Dillon for anything other than reloading stuff. Most places that claimed to have it in stock had a note that it would take 6-9 weeks to deliver. Not really in stock then is it?

Chris

I use a Comp Tac holster (International model) for my CZ pistol and had to remove only small section of kydex to make it work with my RDS installed. Just checked their site and they offer that model for the 4" N frame suitable for IDPA. I'm thinking this could work for field purposes. If I have a good week maybe I'll get one ordered. I use a USPSA legal version of the holster for my 6 1\2" 29 with RDS but wouldn't consider it secure enough for the field.

User Tag List