Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Glock G45/19X/19 MOS for 2019 and beyond

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was referring to dry fire of the trigger.

If you carry appendix, a rear sight protruding off the rear of the slide will rip your skin and clothing big time.
    The only thing I AIWB are J frames but good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I don’t think GJM was talking about live test fire. I think he was referring to dry fire which is perfectly reasonable and something I do on every Glock purchase along with checking the slide to frame fit at the rear of the slide.

I have had them pull two or three blue labels till I get one I find acceptable.
    Bad choice of words, I was also referring to dry firing. You examine the pistol and do not pull the trigger in the store.
    Last edited by JBP55; 11-25-2018 at 01:54 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Bad choice of words, I was also referring to dry firing. You examine the pistol and do not pull the trigger in the store.
    Dry fire is not harmful to centerfire guns.

If they want my business I am trying the trigger (dry) and field stripping the gun. I have passed on a couple of blue label Glocks with nasty crunchy triggers and other issues.

All Glocks ARE NOT created equal.

Even with rimfires I will want to dry fire the gun though I won’t do so without a snap cap.

It’s not just Glocks. When I bought my Wilson Brig Tac they brought another from the back and I insisted on checking it before buying. Long story short the gun had a serious issue with mag catch. They sent it back and I wound up buying the display.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Dry fire is not harmful to centerfire guns.

If they want my business I am trying the trigger (dry) and field stripping the gun. I have passed on a couple of blue label Glocks with nasty crunchy triggers and other issues.

All Glocks ARE NOT created equal.

Even with rimfires I will want to dry fire the gun though I won’t do so without a snap cap.

It’s not just Glocks. When I bought my Wilson Brig Tac they brought another from the back and I insisted on checking it before buying. Long story short the gun had a serious issue with mag catch. They sent it back and I wound up buying the display.
    Hell yeah! Non-negotiable. I've rarely encountered any objections to that.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Went to my Glock dealer yesterday and handled a glock45 with what felt like a 12lb trigger. The wall was almost painful to press through. But the slide to frame fit was very, very tight. Passed.

Walked out with a 3rd 19x instead. This one is going straight to ATEi for an RMR.

How is the CT Laser doing at holding zero?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    No way in Hades I purchase anything without trying the trigger.

Unreasonable demand of any store that has that policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    No way in Hades I purchase anything without trying the trigger.

Unreasonable demand of any store that has that policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As you know there are only 2 Blue Label Distributors in Louisiana and I am not going to drive 100 miles to the other BLD.
    I can fix any Glock trigger issue I do not like.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    Went to my Glock dealer yesterday and handled a glock45 with what felt like a 12lb trigger. The wall was almost painful to press through. But the slide to frame fit was very, very tight. Passed.

Walked out with a 3rd 19x instead. This one is going straight to ATEi for an RMR.
    I have 3 G19X and 1 G45. I may sell a NIB G19X and get another G45 and have the slide milled.

I now have over 3000 rounds through my competition 19x with a 4 lbs striker spring. Two different connectors, some version of Ghost and currently a stock dot connector, two different brands of 4 lbs striker springs. Ammo is equally spread between CCI Lawman and different versions of Federal Am Eagle. I've not had a single light strike. With previous generations of Glocks I could not get below 4.5 striker spring without getting episodic light hits. Seems to me than Gen5 gives better ignition. Anybody had the same observations?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List