Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about "Production"

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    The reality is quite opposite. Production is what is becoming less populated and competitive. Unfortunately....
    Open and CO are increasingly more and more popular. At least locally.
    That's exactly what Rob_S is predicting. People are moving out of Production to get wins in the small pond of CO. And when CO gets too competitive, they will 'hide' in Single Stack. I personally doubt that, since winning Single Stack will always be the equivalent of being the tallest midget.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    That's what I initially did, although for me it was because:tactical and I thought I was practicing for a gunfight. Once I got over that fantasy and also started to understand the scoring, Production became more interesting to me.

it sounds from this thread though like the gun hipsters may be on to bigger and better things now that Production has become well populated and competitive. The folks that are currently chasing a small pond win in CO and PCC will have to eventually find something new.

Eventually I predict there will be a resurgence of single stack when people realize there's relatively few shooters there, many are older, and it's easier to get a win.
    Rob, I wonder if you actually shoot USPSA, because you have no idea what you are talking about.

Here is the registration so far for Area One.

Name:  A02B8171-7080-49D8-82C8-48CF2F89EBFB.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  46.2 KB

As you can see there are more M, A, B, C and and D shooters signed up in Carry Optics that each of those classes in Production. 94 shooters in CO vs 66 in Production. There are fewer GMs in CO, but there are very few CO GMs nationwide. CO has always been much harder to get highly classified in than any other division. If you are looking for an easy classification, CO is not it. Production has always had the most Grandbaggers of any division. Carry Optics shooters are looking for how they stack up in HOA, not trying to win trophies like the Limited 10 guys. In Arizona and Montana, based on my observation in the last year, Production is where you go when you want a soft win, because all the competition is elsewhere.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

This thread has run its course.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    That's exactly what Rob_S is predicting. People are moving out of Production to get wins in the small pond of CO. And when CO gets too competitive, they will 'hide' in Single Stack. I personally doubt that, since winning Single Stack will always be the equivalent of being the tallest midget.
    At the local level I see that but also older gents shooting CO because of eyesight. I have been contemplating such myself.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

CO has always been much harder to get highly classified in than any other division. If you are looking for an easy classification, CO is not it.
    Why would this be? Were the high hit factors not set by actual competitors shooting classifiers?

We have some very strong competition in CO here.

And some heavy hitters in Single Stack.

But, really it doesn’t matter at the local level so let’s not get too bent out of shape arguing about it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Who cares about how many people are shooting XYZ division locally? The sport hasn’t reached the saturation point vs the general populace for that to even be close to mattering. Just go shoot the matches, have fun, and get better. Worry about who is shooting what at the Area and National levels when you get there. Worry is probably the wrong word. Maybe “be aware of” is more appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Who cares about how many people are shooting XYZ division locally? The sport hasn’t reached the saturation point vs the general populace for that to even be close to mattering. Just go shoot the matches, have fun, and get better. Worry about who is shooting what at the Area and National levels when you get there. Worry is probably the wrong word. Maybe “be aware of” is more appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ^^ This. So much this...

1.) You can't account for who shows up
    2.) You can't account for what stage is setup

You know what you can account for? Your ability to perform.

Go. Shoot. Have fun... Load up that Glock until you decide you want to play the game, then learn to love and enjoy the game...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Rob, I wonder if you actually shoot USPSA, because you have no idea what you are talking about.

Here is the registration so far for Area One.

As you can see there are more M, A, B, C and and D shooters signed up in Carry Optics that each of those classes in Production. 94 shooters in CO vs 66 in Production. There are fewer GMs in CO, but there are very few CO GMs nationwide. CO has always been much harder to get highly classified in than any other division. If you are looking for an easy classification, CO is not it. Production has always had the most Grandbaggers of any division. Carry Optics shooters are looking for how they stack up in HOA, not trying to win trophies like the Limited 10 guys. In Arizona and Montana, based on my observation in the last year, Production is where you go when you want a soft win, because all the competition is elsewhere.
    and I wonder if you speak English, because you have no idea what I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Eventually I predict there will be a resurgence of single stack when people realize there's relatively few shooters there, many are older, and it's easier to get a win.
    I am one of those older shooters, and if you get your jollies by beating me, have at it. I have lost a lot of speed and some accuracy over the past 5-10 years and am not a real challenge to the young whippersnappers. But I recently bought a 2011 so you can't run to single stack to do it.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List