Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DB's Sub-1-Second Snubby Draw, Sloooooo-moooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    If you’ve done it before, easy as can be. Took me @10 minutes. The first time I took the side plate off a S&W was nerve wracking. That was way before YouTube was a thing. Gotta love YouTube how to videos now.

Attachment 60130
    I dont know why Ive never thought of this. I have a 60 that I bobbed the hammer but this is so much cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I dont know why Ive never thought of this. I have a 60 that I bobbed the hammer but this is so much cleaner.
    $15 on eBay. Figured I didn’t have much to lose by trying it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I like the lack of shoulder movement. No telegraphing of the draw.
    With a one second draw to shot time, he could have a sign on his chest that says, "I'm going to shoot yo in the face with a J-frame from my right trouser pocket," and you wouldn't be able to react enough to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    With a one second draw to shot time, he could have a sign on his chest that says, "I'm going to shoot yo in the face with a J-frame from my right trouser pocket," and you wouldn't be able to react enough to make a difference.
    Some people couldn't, but some could. It's similar to a punch, and there's even less time there. People who are switched on can react to a punch if they see it coming, and shoulder movement is a key signal.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

DB has no tells or precedes ( warning motions).

3 things I think are important about this:
    1) Actual speed.
    2) No preceding motion to telegraph what you are doing.
    3) Established grip reduces possible fumbles.

If I make an obvious draw motion, enemy knows from the beginning something is wrong. If I mask the draw, it is further along before the enemy sees what is going wrong.

S'narc teaches about masking movement in other movement, "talking Italian" with gestures.

William Ewart Fairbairn practiced slight of hand to get a knife out before the enemy was aware it had happened.

Major Konstatin Komarov taught a class that included masking a draw in normal motion. He would walk past a person or other object and when he emerged you were looking at the training gun muzzle bearing on you.

Reminds me of the knife in a paper bag trick I was shown by guys who had grown up in very bad areas. Old sharp kitchen knife in paper bag, mouth of bag was wrapped around handle and gripped with knife in bag. A told to me, if attacked and in fear of your life, you shanked the shit out of your attacker.

Bill Jordan said he could have a small revolver in his left pocket, draw and border shift before an opponent knew he was under attack. I think now we would just shoot with the left hand.

My Dad's boss used the bag trick, but with a pistol. He was robbed while taking the store's receipts to the bank.
    He thought the punks might repeat, so the next day he put the money in his pockets, a gun in the money bag, hand in bag on gun. He took my Dad along as witness, just in case. Sure enough the punks appeared, the leader brandishing a nickel revolver. Boss just shot through the bag.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Bill Jordan said he could have a small revolver in his left pocket, draw and border shift before an opponent knew he was under attack. I think now we would just shoot with the left hand.

My Dad's boss used the bag trick, but with a pistol. He was robbed while taking the store's receipts to the bank.
    He thought the punks might repeat, so the next day he put the money in his pockets, a gun in the money bag, hand in bag on gun. He took my Dad along as witness, just in case. Sure enough the punks appeared, the leader brandishing a nickel revolver. Boss just shot through the bag.
    Ellifritz does the bag trick with cheap knives when in sketchy places in foreign countries.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    DB has no tells or precedes ( warning motions).

3 things I think are important about this:
    1) Actual speed.
    2) No preceding motion to telegraph what you are doing.
    3) Established grip reduces possible fumbles.
    If you read the original Facebook post, DB mentions that there was a hang-up during the draw (barely visible at the beginning) and he was still able to complete it under one second.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    If you read the original Facebook post, DB mentions that there was a hang-up during the draw (barely visible at the beginning) and he was still able to complete it under one second.
    I read the first post.
    Even with the hang-up it worked well.

Why go full extension when the target is so close? Why not fire one when the pistol is rotated on target and fire an extended 2nd only if necessary?

As for the bag trick, you can do that in your pocket at least once. My P365 will then jam 90% of the time, but I'd imagine a hammerless snubby would be good for a second shot almosy everytime.

User Tag List