Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    PSA: Red Hill Tactical is offering light bearing options on their competition holsters now
    Sadly they don't have an option for the streamlight trl1-hl. I looked up different lights and figured it would be the best option of output, weight and reliability for gaming. I can buy 3 on the secondary market for the price of 1 x300.

I hit up Tony over at JMCK and he said he can make a light bearing range holster for it so I placed an order with him. It's under $60 shipped. I'm already running one of his holsters on my gamer rig anyway.

One thing I don't like about the rules is that it potentially makes the cost of entry to the sport go up. It's already expensive enough to someone who wants to join if you don't have the gear. If you show up and now everyone is running magnets and a wml there's an even higher barrier to entry.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Sadly they don't have an option for the streamlight trl1-hl. I looked up different lights and figured it would be the best option of output, weight and reliability for gaming. I can buy 3 on the secondary market for the price of 1 x300.

I hit up Tony over at JMCK and he said he can make a light bearing range holster for it so I placed an order with him. It's under $60 shipped. I'm already running one of his holsters on my gamer rig anyway.

One thing I don't like about the rules is that it potentially makes the cost of entry to the sport go up. It's already expensive enough to someone who wants to join if you don't have the gear. If you show up and now everyone is running magnets and a wml there's an even higher barrier to entry.
    My buddy made USPSA Production Master using his IDPA gear and a pretty stock G34 Gen 3.

Gear really doesn't play into it until you get to very high levels.

A WML for a Glock is less than the cost of a local match if you're taking ammo cost into account.

I measured my TLR-1 and TLR-1 HL and they're pretty dimensionally similar. I wonder what the hangup with the RHT is. I think a little heat would fix the issue either way.
    Last edited by JCN; 03-20-2021 at 02:51 PM.

When I see a new shooter show up with their newly CO/production legal carry rig I will take note. For my upcoming local match I don't see any new shooters registered.

As for the notional Roland Special shooters they will still get put in Open (most likely minor) and get beat up on, this rules change will not benefit them.

My math sez that max weight, now attainable, for CO is 4.3 lbs loaded. @GJM tells me that if I am gonna be competitive playa, I need a ratcheting belt. Regular won't do anymore. Too mucho mass.
    Meanwhile my next science project is to see if I can carbon fiber the shit out of my PCC and make it lighter than a CO pistol.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    My math sez that max weight, now attainable, for CO is 4.3 lbs loaded. @GJM tells me that if I am gonna be competitive playa, I need a ratcheting belt. Regular won't do anymore. Too mucho mass.
    Meanwhile my next science project is to see if I can carbon fiber the shit out of my PCC and make it lighter than a CO pistol.
    My wife and I love this ratcheting belt!

https://dominatedefense.co/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My wife shot her first match with mags forward and a magnet, and found enough value from the magnet that I put one on my belt tonight.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife shot her first match with mags forward and a magnet, and found enough value from the magnet that I put one on my belt tonight.
    Next I want a video of you guys getting stuck together.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Gear really doesn't play into it until you get to very high levels.
    I disagree. When I attend a match that allows for multiple entries, the difference in same shooter, open versus limited is typically much great at B level than at master or above.

I fiddled around with my rig this week. I have always felt a little odd reaching back to my farthest mag pouch location (I was in Production, so four pouches, plus a pouch for my starter mag). So it was nice moving them forward on the belt. And since I'm moving to CO now, I removed the starter pouch, and just left the four DAA pouches.

My holster got moved forward as well, this position feels better than strong side hip. Moving it into Appendix (I carry AIWB) position felt really weird, so I moved it back, kinda in between where it was and full appendix.

Name:  IMG_8477.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  44.3 KB

I am going to try my regular dry practice and see how this goes before my first match in CO, a 6-stage classifier scheduled for 4/19.

Question: Moving mag pouches forward, do you guys see any benefit in adjusting the cant of the pouch at the same time? I didn't change mine, just basically slid forward. The cant is such that the basepad tilts forward, same as before. Some dry reloads didn't show me much difference, but of course this is static, and not actually running in between shooting positions like I usually would. I'm going to loosen one up and see where the cant falls naturally, but I was curious what you guys were doing with the pouch cant.

User Tag List