Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

One unintended consequence of the rule change for me, is more of my carry and defensive pistols will have a light on them, and I will be a lot more experienced shooting a handgun with a light.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    For me that ship has sailed when I went to my FFL to pick up my first Tanfo while packing a Glock 43...

We need to set up a p-f Shadow 2 group, with flashlight and no flashlight factions, and compare how we're all progressing in our development.
    Fair enough. If we could turn back the clock and ban all the various production race guns I honestly would not mind. Despite the name, the point of production should never have been to shoot "factory guns" because some factories are that much nicer and more expensive than others. If we had reasonable rules bounding acceptable gun weight and trigger weight that would be ideal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Sorry dude. Hope we can sell them to someone who likes bullets out. I don’t.
    Why didnt you like it? Im running bullets out so if you are getting rid of it hit me up and I can take it off your hands.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    USPSA and IPSC have been diverging for a very long time and, this is just my $0.02, but I can't really help but wonder if it is really a cultural thing...
    Follow me here for a sec and I promise I won't be my usual laconic self.

I really wonder if a large part of the sport is rooted in the fact that we can generally build and shoot anything we fancy here in the states. People here are free do do whatever they want to a Glock - this really isn't the case outside the US.
    Generally, outside the US, someone has to really be shacked up with a manufacturer and have them willing to produce guns suitable for the sport: Beretta and the 92X based on Italian competitor input, Tanfo and their previous long association with Eric and CZ with a whole team and agile method to produce firearms that would play well in the European market.

The US made the first really compelling Carry Optics guns, has been dabbling with competitive (... and useable) PCCs for a while and USPSA has supported those venues as they've become more popular in the mainstream, as opposed to the sporting crowd.
    (The cross-pollination of ideas, it seems, may cut both ways. We all credit the creation/testing of red dots and high-cap 2011's that seem to come due to the sport, but I wonder if the "average joe" interest in CO and PCC has driven that back into the sport.)

My point is, the sports serve radically different markets of people: one where "anything goes" and the other where it is really up to the "elite" and manufacturers to dictate what is acceptable/not.
    At the end of the day, USPSA and IPSC are only slightly similar and maybe it is for the better that we've allowed them to diverge so much...

Is it time for a US IPSC group that follows the IPSC rules to the "T"?
    Is it that horribly difficult to use a stock gun and 15 rd mags to play production in IPSC for a USPSA shooter?
    Is it really, honestly, that bad that someone can strap a flashlight to gun?

Maybe... No... IDFK... But, I don't mind the innovation we've seen here in the US. @Paul Sharp and I were remarking that 15 years ago there weren't any AIWB guys/gear/doctrine.
    I totally agree with you.

IPSC already has trigger weight restrictions and the such. They're different sports and I can understand American USPSA wanting the freedom to do what they want to do for their market and not be hamstrung by the very, very, very small minority of USPSA shooters that actually compete in both USPSA and IPSC.

How many USPSA competitors have ever shot or will ever shoot IPSC? Maybe <0.01%? For most members, USPSA is the sport and any other organization is just a different sport. They don't care if USPSA diverges from IPSC any more than they care if it diverges from IDPA.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Why didnt you like it? Im running bullets out so if you are getting rid of it hit me up and I can take it off your hands.
    Basically it was that my hand trajectory doesn’t work well with bullets out.

Talk by PM?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

How many lumens does your light have to put out? Dirty, my X300 must be 5 lumens or less.

Name:  209B17DF-CB88-42E8-96BF-380BEA6AF573.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  29.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    How many USPSA competitors have ever shot or will ever shoot IPSC? Maybe <0.01%? For most members, USPSA is the sport and any other organization is just a different sport. They don't care if USPSA diverges from IPSC any more than they care if it diverges from IDPA.
    It is really fun... The culture is very different - I recall going up to Ontario and my buddy getting dinged for accidentally wearing camo shorts. They wanted to DQ him, and he had to explain why it was just "normal Wisconsin attire..."

I loved it tho... I will eventually do more ISPC outside the states one day...

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    It is really fun... The culture is very different - I recall going up to Ontario and my buddy getting dinged for accidentally wearing camo shorts. They wanted to DQ him, and he had to explain why it was just "normal Wisconsin attire..."

I loved it tho... I will eventually do more ISPC outside the states one day...
    Was the infraction the camo or wearing shorts?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Shooting is fun.
    What do you think this is, a game? If only we had stuck to .45 1911s in holsters made from cows, would could skip these discussions because there wouldn't be USPSA or IPSC anymore. The big picture is that if more people are drawn to compete because they can operate their Roland like a motherfucker, that's good for the sport and continued firearms ownership.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

PSA: Red Hill Tactical is offering light bearing options on their competition holsters now

User Tag List