Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    When you said you bought some, I ordered some too...

They also fail for me too.
    Sorry dude. Hope we can sell them to someone who likes bullets out. I don’t.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Sorry dude. Hope we can sell them to someone who likes bullets out. I don’t.
    Hehe. I like bullets out, but the feel of the magnetic retention was just... weird.

It didn't feel consistent in the draw as it slid across the magnets. I guess I'm just used to traditional pouches that release more progressively.

These felt more "binary" if that makes sense. Pull...pull....pull... pop. Rather than traditional PULL... pull... out.

They also don't fit CZ TSO magazines, so there's that.... (It said CZ but didn't specify small frame).

I have been running magnets in Limited for almost 3 years now without any problems. @Clusterfrack, I'll show you my setup next time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hV6vLgE4lQM&t=412s

The latest Ben Stoeger podcast regarding the change.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hV6vLgE4lQM&t=412s

The latest Ben Stoeger podcast regarding the change.
    As a regular listener who generally enjoys the show (~halfway through my second listen on all 140 episodes), Stoeger sounds like he's gone from jaded and cynical to straight up burnt out in this episode.

Sidenote: Is he implying he might just shoot IPSC only with his current stance on USPSA? On a timeline to retire from competition in Brian Enos-esque style (win everything and walk from competition while at the top)?

Here is the fact: no serious shooters, no top shooters liked the rule changes. None. The arguments are pretty much universal from anyone who is passionate about it. Take it as a clue. Try to fucking understand why.

At the end Ben said: " Do I sound like an a$$hole?" And Hwansik said "I don't think so"
    I LOLed.

Quote Originally Posted by NoTacTravis View Post
    As a regular listener who generally enjoys the show (~halfway through my second listen on all 140 episodes), Stoeger sounds like he's gone from jaded and cynical to straight up burnt out in this episode.

Sidenote: Is he implying he might just shoot IPSC only with his current stance on USPSA? On a timeline to retire from competition in Brian Enos-esque style (win everything and walk from competition while at the top)?

He has been in open war with Foley for the last 4 years. Some people even think that whatever happened to the production rules in the last years was a personal matter against Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    He has been in open war with Foley for the last 4 years. Some people even think that whatever happened to the production rules in the last years was a personal matter against Ben.
    Wasn't Ben very helpful in getting him elected? Admittedly, I pay less and less attention as time goes on to the politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Wasn't Ben very helpful in getting him elected? Admittedly, I pay less and less attention as time goes on to the politics.
    Yep, that is very ironic and typical at the same time

Weight matters.

I hate comparisons of this versus that, because they can be pretty unscientific, but follow this. I been shooting my PDP and loving it. From the get go, I can do tasks easier or faster with a stock full size PDP than with my Apex trigger CORE 5 inch pistols that I have been shooting since end of summer. On a lark, I bought a Walther Q4 steel frame on Monday of this week, and have now had five range sessions with it, in stock form excepting I added a DP Pro 6moa since I had a plate for it off an old Q5 polymer pistol. The Q4 is about 40 ounces, or about 16 ounces heavier than the PDP. The results have been consistent every range session, I shoot the Q4 significantly better, even though the trigger is better on the PDP and I prefer the full grip of the PDP. The heavier weight of the Q4 allows you to be less perfect on the trigger without deflecting the shot, splitting is easier, and the dot moves less.

Since USPSA is a game, all things considered, heavier is easier to shoot, and gamers will increase weight.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List