Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

https://nypost.com/2019/07/22/total-...kets-of-water/

This is the policing America has asked for....and what they should get. Go get a new uniform and radio’s are broken. Do complete maintenance on everything and dry your gear out and that should about eat a shift.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    You simply wait till an officer of color is available.
    Did not matter locally in the slightest. Minority officers are, perhaps, the worst of offenders in the narrative for a couple of reasons.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Me too. AFAIK, the officer who shot is not charged-at this moment in time. There was an incident a couple of weeks ago where two officers were fired for “excessive force” and charged. There’s also an election going on, and the current DA is in a runoff-I think.
    I can see an argument where the officer believed he was in mortal danger if someone had taken a less lethal device and then attempted to use it on said officer. Incapacitated Officer would then be in mortal danger.
    Sucky situation; as you said, we’ll see how it shakes out...
    I think this is probably going to be the crux of it. How the officer articulates the facts that they knew at the time of the shot.

In 20/20 hindsight, we know that the second officer was fairly close behind him, and I would say could have probably prevented the individual from getting the officers weapon into play... but he was also well behind and out of sight from the point of the leading officer, and so he could very well have not known that his backup would be able to prevent someone from using his own weapon on him while he twitches in pain (especially, since it looks like the deceased was running with his backups Taser).

Its probably one of those cases that nobody is going to be happy about, and if the Officer is fully cleared, it will be for a reason that does not make sense to the general public because it looks so "clear cut" from the video, and the reasonable standard seems to rely on the public granting the police a degree of professional credibility that they are not willing to currently extend.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    https://nypost.com/2019/07/22/total-...kets-of-water/

This is the policing America has asked for....and what they should get. Go get a new uniform and radio’s are broken. Do complete maintenance on everything and dry your gear out and that should about eat a shift.
    Yup, America is about to find out what it's like to start hiring police officers from the same pool of job applicants as McDonald's and Walmart...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    From a totally purely self interested point of view, in a hypothetical world where I felt like I was being arrested unjustly or somehow otherwise victimized by a police officer, the very last way I would try to assert myself would be with physical force. It is simply false to believe that physically confronting a cop in this scenario would help me in any way.

It would make substantially more sense to comply with the arrest and then try to get your revenge in court, where I might actually stand a chance of winning, and not in the street where, best case scenario, I get my ass kicked and have a far worse chance in court later on.
    I would advocate exactly the same course of (non-) action.
    But it’s recently been suggested (CNN) that my ideas “come from a place of privilege”.
    So I’ll guess I’ll be compelled to rethink my approach to such a situation.
    /S/

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I would advocate exactly the same course of (non-) action.
    But it’s recently been suggested (CNN) that my ideas “come from a place of privilege”.
    So I’ll guess I’ll be compelled to rethink my approach to such a situation.
    /S/
    As a white man, I clearly benefit from the white supremacist cis-hetero-patriarchy because I was raised to believe that it is a bad idea to start pointless physical confrontations with people who will literally get paid to kick my ass.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    As a white man, I clearly benefit from the white supremacist cis-hetero-patriarchy because I was raised to believe that it is a bad idea to start pointless physical confrontations with people who will literally get paid to kick my ass.
    ...so you were parented - ah, I see the problem now.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Getting tazed would seem to me to be in the category of events that could easily lead to a loss of the officer's primary weapon.
    Spot on!

By law, law enforcement officers are expected and legally required to regain control by using force superior to that being used against them. With a taser, which can incapacitate an officer making him incapable of retaining his service weapon, lethal force is a legitimate option where an officer faces such agression and/or fears for his life or that of another under those circumstances.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    ...so you were parented - ah, I see the problem now.
    Hey!

We'll have no common sense being bandied about here!
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Did not matter locally in the slightest. Minority officers are, perhaps, the worst of offenders in the narrative for a couple of reasons.
    I am WELL aware of that. But, the public needs to get fed what it wants.

Also, for all the experts, having seen what a taser shot in the eyeball looks like first hand, there is a reason that it ups the game when shot at your face. The new narrative the public wants is “dear sergeant, I need a new taser issued to me. Mine was taken by a suspect resisting arrest and because he was not a person of privilege I allowed him to simply run away to not further escalate the situation. Thankfully, my deescalation skills triumphed and we only lost a taser and nobody was oppressed, and I parked the suspects car in a proper manner so Wendy’s could continue there business. If the suspect calls in, please let him know the keys are on top of the left rear tire. Respectfully, Officer Smith”. Heck, he could have gotten a Medal Of De Escalation with oak leaves for this.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List