Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle Autonomous Zone

The mayor and city council will have to decide that this isn't good for business in the downtown area. So far I'm not seeing any real desire to change anything. The entire bunch will be sued soon enough. I'm seeing some resignations coming just like the exodus from the SPD.

https://mynorthwest.com/1133630/cops...olice-hiring/?

https://q13fox.com/2020/06/09/you-lo...-civil-unrest/
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-10-2020 at 10:12 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

So - is the Governor of Washington just not planning to do anything?

Can the Washington State Congress override the governor to deploy the National Guard? Or will it ultimately require an invocation of the Insurrection Act?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    Add a steak, with a smile!!!

Cordon the whole area, no one gets in or out until they remember what Stalingrad was really like in WWII
    Can vegans eat people? Technically we’re animals, but we’re not cute Disney animals and it is for the cause.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I will never understand the obsession people have for Seattle. It is such a shithole.

I feel bad for the National Guardsmen that will ultimately have to retake the “Autonomous Zone”.
    If they could just increase the number of shootings and violent crime they could almost be as big a shithole as Chicago.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    If they could just increase the number of shootings and violent crime they could almost be as big a shithole as Chicago.
    We're considering a trip to Wisconsin and avoiding Chicago adds half an hour to the trip. Which is worth it, IMO, especially now. I'm specifically considering "where are the interstates more likely to be blocked by protesters and/or rioters" and driving my truck to increase the number of "outs" available if we do travel.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    We're considering a trip to Wisconsin and avoiding Chicago adds half an hour to the trip. Which is worth it, IMO, especially now. I'm specifically considering "where are the interstates more likely to be blocked by protesters and/or rioters" and driving my truck to increase the number of "outs" available if we do travel.

https://www.lake-express.com/
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    When I moved from CT to MN I dodged around Chicago by way of Iowa.

Strongly recommend. Boring, but easy drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Every city should aspire to be as shitty as Chicago, man. Only then can its residents know true greatness and true shitness.

Seattle is in a beautiful place, and the city by itself is gorgeous, but it has clearly been utterly ruined by the dominant culture of the area. I don’t know if it’s even fair to call it San Francisco Lite at this point, Seattle seems like it’s telling San Fran to “hold my beer” with respect to this latest round of lunacy.

I will never understand the obsession people have for Seattle. It is such a shithole.

I feel bad for the National Guardsmen that will ultimately have to retake the “Autonomous Zone”.
    Mountains, forests, ocean, islands, 4 seasons, everyone wears outdoor clothing all the time, great food everywhere, a million things to do within driving distance...it just sucks politically.

So - is the Governor of Washington just not planning to do anything?

Can the Washington State Congress override the governor to deploy the National Guard? Or will it ultimately require an invocation of the Insurrection Act?
    He may run for president again.

I don't think he's addressed the situation. I did hear him say there will be an independent investigation of a black man that was killed in Tacoma. Diversion.

I think it is the governor and only the governor that can call up the WNG. The regular session of the legislature ended in March.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-10-2020 at 11:02 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List