Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: An argument for the Sig

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    When I was learning my Sig, I would put up (2) 2" circles at 5Y. Draw and shoot one (DA) to the left dot, and then transition to the right dot for the SA shot. Decock, holster, repeat.

I also used (2) 3x5 cards @ 7Y for the same drill.
    Given how limited, and expensive ammo is of late, most of my live fire has been comprised of this drill or some variation of it for 50 reps or so. I really like this type of thing for working on the SIG manual of arms.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    Given how limited, and expensive ammo is of late, most of my live fire has been comprised of this drill or some variation of it for 50 reps or so. I really like this type of thing for working on the SIG manual of arms.
    My range sessions have been trimmed down to 50 rounds per until that light at the end of the tunnel is an ammo train.
    I started doing "The First 48 Drill" (basically half of my "99 Drill").

Target : 3x5 card
    7 yards, 2.5sec PAR: draw and shoot three (5 times, total 15 rounds)
    7 yards, 5.0sec PAR: draw, fire one, reload, fire two (5 times, total 15 rounds)
    10 yards, 3.5sec PAR: draw and shoot three (5 times, total 15 rounds)
    15 yards, 5.0sec PAR: draw and shoot three (1 time, total 3 rounds)

To finish out the 50 round box I'll often back up to 25+ yards and do 2 shots on the 3x5, pure precision no time limit.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Not that .22 ammo is growing on trees, but I have found having a .22 top end for my 226R to be a really good thing for practicing DA/SA transitions.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not that .22 ammo is growing on trees, but I have found having a .22 top end for my 226R to be a really good thing for practicing DA/SA transitions.
    That's a good idea but in Indiana
    .22 ammo is as scarce as 9mm:-) .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

This thread has motivated me to brush the dust off an old P229 in 9mm that I haven't fired in years. It was acquired used and has Ashley Big Dot sights on it that I'd like to get rid of. Has anyone run the Warren sights on their Sig?

I have a Warren rear, that I haven't yet installed, but I am led to believe it matches height wise with a factory front sight, or a Dawson that spec height. I have been replacing factory sights with Heinie, and have a set of Trijicon HD sights waiting to try.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    That's a good idea but in Indiana
    .22 ammo is as scarce as 9mm:-) .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    Scarcer, even. I can sometimes find 9x19, after all, but deuce-deuce is just flat gone.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    This thread has motivated me to brush the dust off an old P229 in 9mm that I haven't fired in years. It was acquired used and has Ashley Big Dot sights on it that I'd like to get rid of. Has anyone run the Warren sights on their Sig?
    The Warren rears are about .03 taller than the #8 factory Sig rear. If you like your POI to be at the top of the post, this can help remedy the stock "behind the dot" point of impact Sigs come with these days. FWIW, I'm also running Heine's currently. My sample of a couple sets also print at the top the post at 20 yards.

G,

What width rear are you running?

t

I'm seeing more .40, .38 Special, and .45 ACP in the Seattle Metro area than 9mm AND .22. I have no earthly idea why .22 is being hoarded by the panicistas, other than Jim Billy Bob going shopping for 9 mil, finding none, then saying "Hold my beer while I load up the cart on .22 for mah mall ninja tactical .22."

Ok, so I'm mixing paraphrases, cultures, and demographics, but work with me...

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'm seeing more .40, .38 Special, and .45 ACP in the Seattle Metro area than 9mm AND .22. I have no earthly idea why .22 is being hoarded by the panicistas, other than Jim Billy Bob going shopping for 9 mil, finding none, then saying "Hold my beer while I load up the cart on .22 for mah mall ninja tactical .22."

Ok, so I'm mixing paraphrases, cultures, and demographics, but work with me...

Best, Jon
    1) Seattle hipsters like .22 LR for self-defense?
    2) Stocking up on sub-sonic .22 for the suppressed 10/22s we can now shoot legally? (Really getting tired of marauding raccoons, and we've spotted coyotes in the neighborhood.)

User Tag List