Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buckshot Size Selection #1 vs 00 vs #4 at 11 yards HD & Bullpup Semi-Auto Review!

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I’m just a regular dude and not LEO/MIL so I like the “defend my home” slant. I just wouldn’t recommend it for use in agencies that I have no firsthand knowledge of.
    Not to nitpick, but a GM isn't a regular dude.

Grand Master?

I wasn't necessarily recommending minishells for LE. Though I did run some through M&P12 when it came out.

More to put out the idea if a semi bullpup was made for then. Some may or can't have ARs and woukd surpasses PCCs though for women they can be a good option imo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheWolfman View Post
    Hello,
    Let me clarify I am not saying I would want a shotgun over an AR Patrol Carbine for Patrol.
    I am saying for ME, at typical HD distances the semi auto bullpup 12 is preferred w/lower velocity #1. Terminal Ballistics at short range, shorter OAL more maneuverable less exposure, less retained momentum.
    I was saying if it was a shotgun on patrol would want a flight control or tighter patterning Buckshot at least.
    I do worry about hull deformation in 10rd or long mags but can't find any info...surprisingly because for a little while there were Saigas being the IN thing and some used in 3 gun.

Without knowing long term durability and reliability, not claiming one brand is up to stuff. However, I think the 12 bullpup could have a place for entry teams and warrants some consideration and testing.

I think a bullpup semi auto specifically chambered for 1 3/4" minishells would be a great HD choice alternative to an AR or PCC. There are 590M and M&P12 that can cycle reliably as far as I know.

As for flexing or lack thereoff.... I am Armed Security that has done all the Firearms training through a SWAT school. Furthermore, I am a lifetime Martial Arts Expert SME in Combatives/Jiu-jitsu/MMA w/4Black Belts and a Combatives & Street Jiu-jitsu Instructional on BJJFANATICS
    Thank you for the clarification.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Thank you for the clarification.
    Is chest puffing really needed around here to share informed opinions and thoughts?

Not asking you directly but so far seems rather...unwelcoming around here.

It's a small trafficked forum. Whose dongis bigger lol

Is chest puffing really needed around here to share informed opinions and thoughts?

No you’re still not getting it.

You are chest puffing without an informed opinion.

That gets shut down pretty quickly here.

The issue is that you think you’re informed when you’re white belt level informed. Sure that’s better than the dude who never set foot in the gym, but if you’re going to bring up LEO / MIL without being a high level LEO / MIL.

You’re going to look like “that guy.”

You don’t want to be that guy.

If you asked “hey, any LEO / SWAT can you tell me why they haven’t adopted bullpup shotguns” you’d get responses.

Saying “I think they should take a look…” like it’s a new revelation… and you’re not in LEO / SWAT… is going to come off like an uninformed blowhard.

What if, say… they’ve already taken a look and done the testing and decided nope, nope, nope.

I’m with you for personal use. I have TWO bullpup shotguns and FIVE bullpup rifles. Doesn’t make me a LEO advisor. I dig them for home defense, especially when suppressed. But I would not be so presumptuous as to recommend them for LEO / MIL.

Site Supporter

Thank you for the additional clarification.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

No, but understanding how you know what you know is. This forum is small by design and is not the typical gunternet site. Everyone can have an opinion, but not all opinions are equal. I can have an opinion on how to land a commercial airliner in a storm, but given I have no background or training on the matter my opinion is garbage and should be given very little weight. However we have commercial and fighter pilots here who's opinion would be of great value. Knowing I'm a clueless novice vs the other guy is a proven pilot with real experience is valuable to readers in deciding on how much weight to give to any opinion expressed. PF by both culture and rules wants to know this information to keep the signal to noise ratio high, as one only needs to look at the larger sites to see what happens when you don't.

There are many verified experts here, people who've not only BTDT but wrote the book for others to BTDT in the future. Sometimes people come here and find they don't fit in. That's ok, as previous owners/founders have expressed this isn't for everyone and the Internet is a big place for everyone to find a home. It's not that we are unwelcoming, many come and either fit in immediately or adapt and stick around. It's a great resource, and it is such a great resource particularly because we place knowledge and expertise above "inclusiveness" or laboring under the notion all opinions are equal.

I don't think JCN will mind me saying he was one that came in a bit hot, wasn't really getting the place at first, but quickly saw the value here and has largely become an accepted member and useful resource to others. And is within acceptable PF dickhead parameters, as his signature proudly proclaims.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 12-08-2022 at 09:19 PM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Lol...
    Yeah all LE guys are amazing shots and ballistics experts.

No one else can have an opinion. Even though I went though SWAT re Firearms and structure clearing. 1 shot terminal Ballistics of 12 gage even heavy 5.56 doesn't come close. So perhaps some Armed w such could be beneficial.

I remember the 1st amendment, and not everyone has to be an sof operator to have an opening or to suggest something .

In fact if others have major reasons why not other than left to right transitions I'd love to hear more.
    Especially if they are SWAT or SOF and have tested.
    Hopefully the vid is entertaining.

#1 Buck seems hard to find.

Are we saying most agree #1 Over 00?

Can discussions not be fun and re affirming?

I never claimed to be a shotgun expert.

If anyone wants to say yeah I use #1 for HD or my dept used to issue it I'd be happy to hear it.

I've already acknowledged why flight control would be wanted by LE and a Rifle usually more so. Not sure how any cruisers out there with both?
    Cheers
    Last edited by DanTheWolfman; 12-08-2022 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    PF by both culture and rules wants to know this information to keep the signal to noise ratio low, as one only needs to look at the larger sites to see what happens when you don't.
    As an engineer who's experience is nearing the three-decade mark, and who used to routinely work with signal-to-noise ratios, I can say we want the signal-to-noise ratio to be high.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I was just patterning a new Mossberg Shockwave. Here are the results at 15yds:

Fed Low Recoil Truball
    Fed Low Recoil Flight Control 1 Buck

Federal Mini-Shell 4 Buck
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-08-2022 at 01:16 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List